Speeding fine in spain..

Don't know about action but it would certainly cause a problem if he ever wanted to go back there, try your nearest citizens advice or the police who should be able to get translator for you

Citizens advice are notorious for giving terrible advice on certain matters to do with fines and penalties.

A friend of mine had her private parking permit (not council) fall from her windscreen and the private parking company charged her £120 for not displaying it properly on that particular day.

CAB advised she pay it or risk being taken to court. Incompetence at its best.

Citizens advice are notorious for giving terrible advice on certain matters to do with fines and penalties.

A friend of mine had her private parking permit (not council) fall from her windscreen and the private parking company charged her £120 for not displaying it properly on that particular day.

CAB advised she pay it or risk being taken to court. Incompetence at its best.

You want perfect advice for free? Idiocy at its best.

Is this thread a wind-up?

Spanish speeding fine :hihi:

I've drove through France many times and been flashed by cameras more times than i care to mention, never paid any and nothing will come it.

I think the respective authorities have better things to do than chase across the continent for a £30 fine.

You want perfect advice for free? Idiocy at its best.

Free? It's paid for by taxes and therefore a level of quality should be expected in the same way it would be at the NHS.

They could easily say they don't know, they don't have to give bad advice.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Is this thread a wind-up?

Spanish speeding fine :hihi:

I've drove through France many times and been flashed by cameras more times than i care to mention, never paid any and nothing will come it.

I think the respective authorities have better things to do than chase across the continent for a £30 fine.

But have you received a fine through the post!

I would be wondering which UK department has provided my address( bearing in mind it would have to be in line with the data protection act) and what is legal standing?

I do know that foreign drivers who commit motoring offences in the Uk have to pay an on the spot fine and if it is endorsable, a ghost licence is placed on the Dvla system with the points and totter up the same way.

But have you received a fine through the post!

I would be wondering which UK department has provided my address( bearing in mind it would have to be in line with the data protection act) and what is legal standing?

I do know that foreign drivers who commit motoring offences in the Uk have to pay an on the spot fine and if it is endorsable, a ghost licence is placed on the Dvla system with the points and totter up the same way.

It stands in law just the same as being done in England since we have been in the EEC.

Archived