Tricks of the dole cheats

Well how can you be taxed on something that you have not earned?????????? if I was unemployed as I am now, then I am not working to earn tax am I?????????.

People are taxed on unearned income.....eg dividends,interest,rental income,pensions etc.etc.

Well how can you be taxed on something that you have not earned?????????? if I was unemployed as I am now, then I am not working to earn tax am I?????????. If I started work I would be rejoycing at not having to deal with the stupid crettins at the Job Centre anymore, it should be calculated on how much tax you have paid throughout your working life those that have not worked get nothing simple as that except those that have never contributed are getting more than others who have contributed in my opinion. I have paid tax when I was working that is the whole point of my rant on how difficult it has been for me to rightfully claim, what I am entitled too, did I say about getting anything for free?????????? re read my post and then come back when you have please.

Tax is not just due on earned income. I don't know where people get this idea that you only pay tax when you are working but that's never been the case. You pay tax on many sources of income, such as dividends from shares, interest from capital, capital gains, inheritance, rental income, royalites... if I only paid tax on earned income from PAYE I'd reduce my tax bill by about 80%

Now benefits are income and are taxable. However for most people the vast bulk of their benefits should fall under the personal allowance figures which means the first £7000 odd per year that comes in will be tax free. Where it catches most people is when they get slapped on emergency tax or flit from job to job which means that the revenue never gets chance to catch up until P60 time and it means tax gets demanded that may later be refunded.

Well how can you be taxed on something that you have not earned?????????? if I was unemployed as I am now, then I am not working to earn tax am I?????????. If I started work I would be rejoycing at not having to deal with the stupid crettins at the Job Centre anymore, it should be calculated on how much tax you have paid throughout your working life those that have not worked get nothing simple as that except those that have never contributed are getting more than others who have contributed in my opinion. I have paid tax when I was working that is the whole point of my rant on how difficult it has been for me to rightfully claim, what I am entitled too, did I say about getting anything for free?????????? re read my post and then come back when you have please.

When I went back to work after retirement, I paid tax on a very small wage. That was because they added it together with my pension income. The same applies if you sign on for part of a year, then find a job. If the total income for that year exceeds the personal tax allowance, then income tax is deducted. However, anyone unemployed for a whole year, with no income other than JSA or means tested benefits isn't going to be taxed. (Just seen your post Obelix, where you explain in detail)

The income tax we pay (regardless of how much, or for how many years), doesn't entitle us to benefits. NI contributions entitle us to limited help dependent on circumstances. Most benefits are means tested and based on household income. So couples who live together don't cost other taxpayers nearly as much as those who live separately.

We live in a welfare state. That means we look after the poorest in our society. It doesn't always seem fair when, after contributing for most of our lives we don't get as much as someone who could have but didn't. But that's the system. For instance, a friend has recently been made redundant at 59. She has chosen to take part of her pension fund as an income. She didn't realise until she made the choice that it has made her ineligible for the 6 months contribution based JSA even after paying NI contributions for 40 years.

Its time to put a limit on JSA,say 6 months if you haven't found work after that then you dont get anymore money,this will soon make the lazy get off their backsides and find work.

Easier said than done, there are no jobs I say stop giving people with children an easy ride. People do not choose to be out of work but with state of the of the economy some do not have a choice but to sign on, I would rather be working.

Tax is not just due on earned income. I don't know where people get this idea that you only pay tax when you are working but that's never been the case. You pay tax on many sources of income, such as dividends from shares, interest from capital, capital gains, inheritance, rental income, royalites... if I only paid tax on earned income from PAYE I'd reduce my tax bill by about 80%

Now benefits are income and are taxable. However for most people the vast bulk of their benefits should fall under the personal allowance figures which means the first £7000 odd per year that comes in will be tax free. Where it catches most people is when they get slapped on emergency tax or flit from job to job which means that the revenue never gets chance to catch up until P60 time and it means tax gets demanded that may later be refunded.

Yes but that does not make it right does it the honest people dealing with the Job Centre get hammered. Thats what happened with me because I had a few jobs, I still think that changes need to be made to the system because my argrument has always been there are people who have never ever contributed are getting benefits week in year out. Nobody ever questions there situationa and asks why they have been on permanent benefits for 10 years or more, and have never contributed it is all wrong in my opinion.

That's been proved to be wrong several times on here....

Yes there are jobs advertised but how many people are going for them?????????????? errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....................THOUSANDS AGAIN I AM NOT REPEATING MYSELF LISTEN.

When I went back to work after retirement, I paid tax on a very small wage. That was because they added it together with my pension income. The same applies if you sign on for part of a year, then find a job. If the total income for that year exceeds the personal tax allowance, then income tax is deducted. However, anyone unemployed for a whole year, with no income other than JSA or means tested benefits isn't going to be taxed. (Just seen your post Obelix, where you explain in detail)

The income tax we pay (regardless of how much, or for how many years), doesn't entitle us to benefits. NI contributions entitle us to limited help dependent on circumstances. Most benefits are means tested and based on household income. So couples who live together don't cost other taxpayers nearly as much as those who live separately.

We live in a welfare state. That means we look after the poorest in our society. It doesn't always seem fair when, after contributing for most of our lives we don't get as much as someone who could have but didn't. But that's the system. For instance, a friend has recently been made redundant at 59. She has chosen to take part of her pension fund as an income. She didn't realise until she made the choice that it has made her ineligible for the 6 months contribution based JSA even after paying NI contributions for 40 years.

I do agree with you it is unfair, I feel changes to the system need to be made all round. If you have worked all your life you get screwed, the bone idle layabouts get everything it is sickening and really disgusting in my opinion.

Archived