Tricks of the dole cheats

Nobody said it did but I can understand why people fiddle the dole when they see failed bankers being given golden goodbyes, or do you think that is alright?.

If my contract said I'd get a golden goodbye no matter what then I'd expect the company to adhere to it...wouldn't you?

Only because of a tax system that was originaly set up to favour one part of society

You mean like that tax free allowance that everyone gets on their income tax? That allowance is avoidance.

You mean like ISA's that everyone can use. That's tax avoidance.

You mean like breaks on VED for small engined cars? That's tax avoidance.

You mean like no VAT on unprocessed food? That's tax avoidance.

Shall I go on? Tax avoidance isn't something that is just for the wealthy.

Or lets look at undeclared cash in hand. That's tax evasion.

Or working and not telling the dole office. That's tax evasion.

I suspect that dole cheats cost the country a lot less than upper income bracket tax avoiders.

I doubt it, the dole cheats just take money out of the system and contibute nothing, whilst the rich may not contribute what you consider to be their fair share but they don’t take money out.

People fiddle the dole because they see the legal fiddling done at the top, it is not carping to want a fair and just system.

People probably fiddle at the top because they don’t like to see their hard earned money squandered by successive government and given to the work shy.

Dole cheating is illegal. Tax avoidance isn't however.

I'm not sure it is actually. I've spent ages try to find the law on government websites and can't find anything on it. However fraud is illegal but that covers many aspects including benefit fraud.

Archived