Tricks of the dole cheats

Why dont you lot actually watch the programme before you sit here having your hissy fit. Im gonna reserve judgement on any biased editing against jobseekers until I have actually seen it in full.

Dispatches can broadcast any subject they see fit. They have done plenty of good docs exposing the failure of the current and past governments, exposed scandals happening the heart of westminster such as the ludicrous travel expenditure by so called quangos and of course the heart of the expenses scandal. Lets not forget recently their work showing up the government outsource companies for what they really are.

Nobody kicked off about that?

God forbid you mention that SOME jobseekers are workshy professional scam artists and us usual the liberal forum hens start clucking away.

GROW UP. There is nothing bias there. They have not turned into the daily fail.

Yes MPs and the Fat Cats of society have done wrong. But just becuase some of the little men are only scamming the JSA / DLA/ HB system for pocket change does not make it any less immoral. Those who do know exactly how they can get away with it and despite what some of your think it is JUST AS WRONG as anything the MPs are doing. Nuts to the amounts.

I have worked hard all my life, funded my own degree education and have lived absolutely skint for years until I finally got the job and grade I wanted. Never once in all that time - even at the most skint - did I ever claim or attempt to claim anything I should not have had. I dont care if our man on the street scams just a mere £30 extra benefit. That's our taxes. That's our contributions they are 'stealing' from the public purse. Just because its a small amount - does that make it any more right to what the fat cats are doing?? NO.

Times that by 1000 or 1,000,000 and that adds up to a lot.

Part of the DWP/JCP job is to stop that and they are failing. There are notorious scams which they are plainly ignoring. Lets see editorially how much is focused on that rather than what you lot appear to percieve as simply picking on jobseekers.

Wake up call - they are NOT. They are just picking on the ones who think its perfectly acceptable to steal and scam more money.

....now what is so wrong with that? Scamming is scamming. Stealing is stealing. Despatches have done plenty on the governemnt and corporate fat cats. Why shouldn't they remind us of what our OWN brothers and sisters down here in the real world are also up to.

That's called proper balanced reporting.

I am going to watch this programme, as I would love to know how they do it. It sickens me it really does, being unemployed for the last three years I am frustrated with the fact that are no jobs. I do not get any reply when applying to employers, the benefit cheats get my goat they really do, the lazy bone idle people who have no intention of looking for work or keeping a job.

I am claiming a joint claim with my husband, as he lost his job recently but when I went to sign on as a single person they said I was not eligible as I had not paid enough National Insurance despite working for the past 10 years. I received a letter recently saying that because my claim is joint with my husbands I can get something, but my single claim is not valid as again I have not paid enough National Insurance.

The system to me seems to punish the honest and hardworking person trying to make the best of a bad situation, and lets the dishonest layabouts take advantage of it time and time again. They are just laughing at the Jobcentre and the Government, I have sent many letters of complaint to my local Job Centre and to the DWP over the three years that I have been claiming it has just been a constant battle and I despise the DWP with a passion and always have, I just wish I could find a job so no longer have to have dealings with them anymore as every time you go down there it is something else and I have just lost my patience with them a long time ago.

The advisors we dealt with were nice enough; they cannot change the law and are probably as frustrated with it as we are. My husband and I have been told that failure to look for work, and write down jobs, going to give CVs to employers, ring employers could result in your benefits being stopped. My argument with that has always been I know people who have children who have been claiming for years, have had more children whilst on benefits, are they punishing them by stopping their benefit if they do not do what the DWP wants?? No probably not as their children need feeding but my husband and I if we don`t find work can starve as far as they are concerned.

I know people who have been on benefits years and there is nothing wrong with them and can work, why are they getting away with working the system time and time again?. I have signed up to do a skills training programme, to help me gain experience in something. They have sent me a letter saying that under no uncertain terms the skills training programme cannot be missed without good reason failure to attend will result in your benefits being stopped.

This is the details of the letter that they sent me;

If you fail to take part, and we decide that your Job Seekers Allowance should be sanctioned. Your benefit WILL BE STOPPED AND YOU WILL LOSE YOUR NATIONAL INSURANCE CREDITS FOR:

* TWO WEEKS FOR FIRST FAILURE

* FOUR WEEKS IF WE HAVE PREVIOUSLY DECIDED THAT YOUR JSA SHOULD BE SANCTIONED BECAUSE YOU FAILED WITHOUT GOOD REASON TO ATTEND TO TAKE PART IN THE WORK PROGRAMME OR ANY OTHER SCHEME SET UP UNDER THE JOBSEEKERS ALLOWANCE (EMPLOYMENT SKILLS AND ENTERPRISE SCHEME) REGULATIONS 2011, AND THAT SANCTION STARTED WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS.

* 26 WEEKS, IF WE DECIDE ON TWO OR MORE PREVIOUS OCCASIONS THAT YOUR JSA SHOULD BE SANCTIONED BECAUSE YOU FAILED WITHOUT GOOD REASON TO TAKE PART IN THE WORK PROGRAMME OR ANY OTHER SCHEME SET UP UNDER THE WORK REGULATIONS, AND THE MOST RECENT SANCTION STARTED WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS.

IF YOUR BENEFIT IS STOPPED FOR 26 WEEKS, YOU MAY HAVE THE SANCION LIFTED ( AFTER A MINIMUM OF 4 WEEKS) IF YOU

* FULLY RE ENGAGE WITH THE SANCTIONED REQUIREMENT AT ANY TIME; OR

* FULLY RE ENGAGE WITH A DIFFERENT REQUIREMENT NOTIFIED TO YOU.

THIS LETTER IS INFORMATION ONLY YOU DO NOT NEED TO TAKE ANY ACTION. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES PLEASE ASK AT YOUR NEXT APPOINTMENT AT THE JOBCENTRE.

YOURS SINCERLY,

MANAGER (ON BEHALF OF THE SECRETARY OF STATE)

This was the letter they sent me a day or so ago.

Is that a common occurrence then? Starving to death while claiming benefits?

I think it's getting more common and with the nastiness of the policies the government is proposing, I think it's set to get much worse.

When I claimed first of all in 2010, I was given JSA for 6 months, from March 2010 to July 2010. I recieved a letter then saying that they were stopping my benefit, I wrote a letter back as I felt the decision was wrong, it did not cut any ice with the DWP. Time and time again they have treated me and probaly other honest others like dirt, and like a common criminal when I like others were just and am still trying to get help and claim what I feel I am entitled too.

I then a few weeks later recieved a letter saying that JSA was TAXABLE, YES TAXABLE, since when, when YOU ARE CLAIMING ANY BENEFIT YOU ARE NOT WORKING SO DO NOT PAY TAX. They said that I had, had £737.34 in benefits and that AMOUNT WAS TAXABLE

This is the letter they sent me;

13th August 2010 Belfast BDC

Jobcentre Plus

Plaza Buildings

31 - 41 Chichester Street

Belfast

BT1 4JD

Dear xxxxx

YOUR CLAIM FOR JOBSEEKERS ALLOWANCE

We are writing to you to tell you that JOBSEEKERS ALLOWANCE COUNTS AS TAXABLE INCOME.

For the period up to 6th July 2010 in the 2011 tax year we paid a total allowance of £737.34. of WHICH THIS AMOUNT WAS TAXABLE. THIS WILL BE ADDED TO ANY EARNINGS FOR THIS TAX YEAR.

If you think this DECISION IS WRONG, you should WRITE TO THIS OFFICE GIVING YOUR REASONS. You must do this within 60 DAYSOF THIS LETTER, AS YOU CANNOT CHALLENGE THE DECISION MADE AFTERWARDS.

We have CHECKED YOUR TAX POSITION AND NO REFUND IS DUE.

You will recieve your P45 if starting work, give to your new employer, if not retain it for future use or reference.

JOBCENTRE PLUS STAFF WORK TO OFFER A COMPLETE SERVICE THROUGH YOUR JOBCENTRE. IF YOU HAVE AN ENQUIRY ABOUT YOUR CLAIM FOR JOBSEEKERS ALLOWANCE YOU WILL BE REFERRED TO THE MOST APPROPRIATE OFFICER.

KEEP THIS LETTER TO HELP YOU FILL IN ANY FUTURE TAX RETURN.

WE WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW WE CALCULATE TAXABLE ALLOWANCE, AND YOUR TAX OFFICE WILL HELP YOU WITH ANY OTHER TAXATION QUESTIONS.

Yours Sincerely

Anne Hanna

Manager

Needless to say I cannot write my reply to them as it was full of expletives and said under no uncertain termns would I be giving them a penny back, I was furious with them.

I ended up complaining about one of the advisors I dealt with when I first claimed at my local Job Centre, I have written so many letters of complaint regarding various different things, it is the same with the HMRC we have had no end of trouble with them as well it is like the Government go out of their way to make life difficult for the hardworking, willing person and easy for all the scumbag dole cheats stop their benefits and do not give them anything until they show willing, look for work go on training schemes and try and find work.

Archived