Tricks of the dole cheats

Originally Posted by regatta

MPs get all the above epcept £300 a month, they get about £20.000 a month and do nowt for it, and still fiddle and cheat

Are you sure MP's get all that?

Yeah, not sure that an MP's salary is nearly quarter of a million a year!

Originally Posted by regatta

MPs get all the above epcept £300 a month, they get about £20.000 a month and do nowt for it, and still fiddle and cheat

Yeah, not sure that an MP's salary is nearly quarter of a million a year!

Why do MP's get free rent, council tax, free prescriptions etc?

Absolute disgrace,

What these "reporters" need to start doing is investigating our corrupt and criminal government that have given over a Trillion pounds of tax payers money to the banks since 2008 and God knows how much before.

Absolutely agree. Unfortunately investigative journalism seems to have been hijacked by lazy, gutless toadies whose idea of undercover reporting is to cosy up to the relevant authorities and use information that is already out there to target the least hidden and most petty types of criminal.

Going after the people that mattered and telling us something we don't know already would involve too much serious journalism, and anyway it wouldn't get a rise out of the short attention span, knee jerk droolers. Better feed them something easy to grasp which they are familiar with already.

As any tabloid media tosspot will tell you, there's nothing to be gained from rocking the boat. Formulaic cack is much better for ratings and easier to produce. Play to the lowest common denominator. You can't lose!

What you are entitled to in the UK if you are unemployed -

- your rent paid

- your council tax paid

- approx £300.00 a month

- free dental treatment

- free eye tests & glasses

- free NHS treatment

- free prescriptions

- Child Benefit

- Dependent's Allowance

- free school meals

A lot tougher living in some other parts of the world, you'll find.

Except of course that housing benefit and council tax benefit are means tested and JSA becomes income support after six months, which is also means tested. As an example if my fiancée we're to lose her job she would only get JSA for six months, no HB or CTB, and after that nothing at all. I would be expected to take up all the slack.

jb

Why do MP's get free rent, council tax, free prescriptions etc?

Anyone can be a MP no one fault you fail,

Its call perks of a job, thats nothing compare to what my partner gets.

He works aboard and get free house, free private health care, very low tax and many more on top

Except of course that housing benefit and council tax benefit are means tested and JSA becomes income support after six months, which is also means tested. As an example if my fiancée we're to lose her job she would only get JSA for six months, no HB or CTB, and after that nothing at all. I would be expected to take up all the slack.

jb

So you're not unemployed then? There's also Working Tax Credits (WTC) that you can get.

Anyone can be a MP no one fault you fail,

Its call perks of a job, thats nothing compare to what my partner gets.

He works aboard and get free house, free private health care, very low tax and many more on top

Is he a sailor what with him working aboard?

Archived