Doncaster Zoo - any good

Its good (if a little hard to find - make sure you print off directions before you go!) - a good mix of animals and plenty you can get close to - there's a "petting zoo" bit where kids can stroke goats/ sheep plus you get get into the pen/cage that a few other animals are in like wallabies and cappybara, so its not just looking at cages from a distance.

For some funny reason they don't let you into the lion enclosure so you have to watch them through a fence ;-)

Absolutely worth the visit! We have been quite a few times and would trade our Chester Zoo trip next Friday, without a second thought lol. Its an amazing place, the atmosphere is lovely, animals are calm, stress free and its clean. The big cat enclosures are all I go to see, the rest is a bonus for me :)

Its an amazing facility to have so near and the work they have done rescuing the Lions, Tigers and Amur Leopards is humbling beyond words. Vlad, the male tiger is a sight to behold, stunning creature, enjoy, you wont regret it. xxx

Everyone should go & visit the Yorkshire Wildlife Park. It is a fantastic day out. You get up close to all the animals. I think they are getting Giraffes soon.

Cant wait to visit again. I adore the lions (13 of them, were 14 but Old Johnny Senior has died :sad:) So glad that these magnificant cats can now relax in their glorious enclosures. So different from the miserable existence they had at the Romanian Zoo.

i went for my brthday a few weeks ago, was much better than i had expected, couldnt believe that we were in doncaster! animals seemed well cared for, although a group of gypsies were getting their children to ride on the goats and sheep in the petting zoo :( lots to look at, the meerkats are hilarious as are the lemurs x

Archived