How unfair is this government to those who want to work.

These are "first world problems". Real issue is lack of dietary knowledge and thrift. Can eat very healthily for next to nothing. Brown rice, dried lentils, dried beans, apples, carrots, potatoes, frozen peas, frozen chicken, cheap natural yoghurt or cottage cheese, and fish fingers / stewing beef / cheap frozen fish when on BOGOF.

That or similar can feed a family of 4 for less than £20 a week with a better quality diet than 95% of people in UK eat regardless of wealth. It is easy to make serious nutritional errors at the cheaper end of the food scale though without knowledge. Seems that £20 is often blown on a few big macs instead.

These are "first world problems". Real issue is lack of dietary knowledge and thrift. Can eat very healthily for next to nothing. Brown rice, dried lentils, dried beans, apples, carrots, potatoes, frozen peas, frozen chicken, cheap natural yoghurt or cottage cheese, and fish fingers / stewing beef / cheap frozen fish when on BOGOF.

That or similar can feed a family of 4 for less than £20 a week with a better quality diet than 95% of people in UK eat regardless of wealth. It is easy to make serious nutritional errors at the cheaper end of the food scale though without knowledge. Seems that £20 is often blown on a few big macs instead.

They could pick berries and live off them couldn't they!:confused:

The problem is that some people don't have £20 after all their bills are paid.

The real issue is not having any money...

Please could you provide an example household budget for such a person/family?

Even the case studies I've found in Barnados reports are not this dramatic.

The problem is there are jobs, but they're all rubbish jobs. There's no incentive to work, the money on offer doesn't provide a decent standard of living.

Unfortunately, those at the top benefit from this, while avoiding paying their due tax.

We're being suckered into blaming people on benefit for the country's ills. We're all in a race to the bottom.

A crackdown on benefits will mean lower pay for those in work...

The problem is there are jobs, but they're all rubbish jobs. There's no incentive to work, the money on offer doesn't provide a decent standard of living.

Unfortunately, those at the top benefit from this, while avoiding paying their due tax.

We're being suckered into blaming people on benefit for the country's ills. We're all in a race to the bottom.

What do you mean by "rubbish jobs"?

There is a difference between debt and essential bills,loads of people seem to think that having a car,mobile phone,sky are part and parcel of life.Unfortunately they aren't.

I'm sure that some people do have a small residual income after paying most of these things.

For who Lord Coe ?

I've currently got three job offers on the table that match my current salary and offer some improvement on it in other areas.Its taken me 3 months to secure them since my first cv went out in the market.

I have work mates that would snatch my hand off for any of them - but they can't be bothered to look for work.

For who Lord Coe ?

I've currently got three job offers on the table that match my current salary and offer some improvement on it in other areas.Its taken me 3 months to secure them since my first cv went out in the market.

I have work mates that would snatch my hand off for any of them - but they can't be bothered to look for work.

Without details of the jobs and salary I couldn't comment. Are they all minimum wage?

Archived