How unfair is this government to those who want to work.

You don't live in the real world.

There are very few reasonable jobs for the unemployed. There will always be jobs for Lawyers and Accountants but the people who are unemployed don't have the ability to do these sorts of jobs.

There is nothing wrong with working in a call centre if you don't have a family to support. If you do, its a rubbish job.

I do live in the real world (and probably for a lot longer than you :) ) Are you saying the unemployed are stupid and incapable of learning?

I don't know where you looked but if you look at this site there's very little that could be applied for by ordinary unqualified people...even more so if you look for something that is fairly paid...

http://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/sheffield

So go get some qualifications..put some effort in..this has been coming for a long while..manual and labouring jobs have been disappearing for ages..

I do live in the real world (and probably for a lot longer than you :) ) Are you saying the unemployed are stupid and incapable of learning?

No, but who's going to pay for the learning and what will it be? If you're talking about state funded training I can only say if you've ever had the misfortune to be unemployed in this day and age, you'd see that the training provided by the NoJobCentre is, well I hate to say it again, but anyway, its rubbish..

No, but who's going to pay for the learning and what will it be? If you're talking about state funded training I can only say if you've ever had the misfortune to be unemployed in this day and age, you'd see that the training provided by the NoJobCentre is, well I hate to say it again, but anyway, its rubbish..

Do it yourself..make an investment..mind you you had the chance to stay at school until you were 18... (I'm saying you a lot but you know what I mean :) )

So go get some qualifications..put some effort in..this has been coming for a long while..manual and labouring jobs have been disappearing for ages..

Again. Who will pay for the training? If we're talking about the unemployed they don't have money to pay for decent courses.

That's the problem with manual and labouring jobs disappearing. There's a significant number of people who can only do this type of work.

We don't make things anymore, just import it. Apparently because its cheaper. Unfortunately, in the long run its not...or if it is its not worth the social costs, to, in particular, young people who haven't a hope..

Oh lord it's the South Yorkshire disease again...

I'm too thick to learn (but can do an easy manual job)

It's not fair people won't spend money and train me...

It's never my fault, someone else with a silver spoon took the jobs/ it can't possible be me, it could never be me, can't I just have my safe simple easy job where I moved bit of steel/bricks/widgets/crap back and forth all day long...

With an attitude like that it's no wonder South Yorks is sinking into a teminal pit of despair. It's certainly not surprising that no one will consider starting a buisness there with such a really crappy woe is me, it's all everyones fault but mine attitude. Travel just 40 miles to Leeds and the attitude is totally different, people are falling over themselves to improve their abilities and get a job.

For gods sake stop blaming other people for supposed ills, go and get some skills. Accountancy is not beyond the reach or intellect of most people for example, neither is IT, and the same for many jobs. It does generally require thinking with your brains rather than your hands but it is NOT something that is impossible to do, and it will improve your chances of employment immensly.

Do it yourself..make an investment..mind you you had the chance to stay at school until you were 18... (I'm saying you a lot but you know what I mean :) )

I was lucky enough to do a degree when it was free. I think they even paid me 40 quid a week for the effort...times have changed...:D

Oh lord it's the South Yorkshire disease again...

I'm too thick to learn (but can do an easy manual job)

It's not fair people won't spend money and train me...

It's never my fault, someone else with a silver spoon took the jobs/ it can't possible be me, it could never be me, can't I just have my safe simple easy job where I moved bit of steel/bricks/widgets/crap back and forth all day long...

With an attitude like that it's no wonder South Yorks is sinking into a teminal pit of despair. It's certainly not surprising that no one will consider starting a buisness there with such a really crappy woe is me, it's all everyones fault but mine attitude. Travel just 40 miles to Leeds and the attitude is totally different, people are falling over themselves to improve their abilities and get a job.

For gods sake stop blaming other people for supposed ills, go and get some skills. Accountancy is not beyond the reach or intellect of most people for example, neither is IT, and the same for many jobs. It does generally require thinking with your brains rather than your hands but it is NOT something that is impossible to do, and it will improve your chances of employment immensly.

This is the problem, wooly thinking.

Not all people have the ability to study accountancy, that's plain silly.

Again. Who will pay for the training? If we're talking about the unemployed they don't have money to pay for decent courses.

That's the problem with manual and labouring jobs disappearing. There's a significant number of people who can only do this type of work.

We don't make things anymore, just import it. Apparently because its cheaper. Unfortunately, in the long run its not...or if it is its not worth the social costs, to, in particular, young people who haven't a hope..

Sorry but you have to take the bull by the horns and do it yourself...or are you going to sit and moan about how bad it is for the rest of your life..?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/AdultLearning/FinancialHelpForAdultLearners/CareerDevelopmentLoans/DG_10033242

Not all people have the ability to study accountancy, that's plain silly.

Of course not,not everybody would want to either... :) but most people can do something better if they apply themselves and stop the negative thinking..if you really want to do something you'll find a way..if you don't wnat to do it you'll find an excuse..

Archived