How unfair is this government to those who want to work.

Nonesense.

Its about effort. You look hard enough you will find one.

Nobody gets their ideal job straight away. Some people never manage to get it.

Its nice to have some enjoyment in your work but lets be realisitic. We all work for one reason and one reason only. MONEY.

If you are unfortunatle to be made redundant and you struggle to find something to replace it in the same field look for something else. If it means you have to even lower your job/role/income temporarilly tough. SOME money coming in is better than none.

Plenty of jobs out there. If there wasn't nobody would be leaving companies, no new businesses would be opening up, employment agencies would all be going out of businesses. Is that happening?...... NO.

Too many people are not getting off the backsides and taking action themselves. A quick glance in the JCP once a week or a flick through the star on thursdays just aint gonna cut it. TRY HARDER.

Far too many in society are happy to sit there and let the rest of us do the hard work for them.

Ok, I'll employ you for 50p per hour and you're not permitted to work for anyone else. If you don't take the job your dole money will be stopped.

Quote;

"How unfair is this governmen to those who want to work."

Very.

They pay them a rubbish amount on the dole and then want them to work for free when there are so many jobs readily going for them to take.

I just cant understand it.;)

Hi Lisa, as an asthmatic too I understand how much inhalers etc cost. If you're spending £25 a month on medication have you thought about a pre-pay perscription? It costs around £11 per month which you can pay each month, or as a lump sum at the beginning of the year, and this covers the cost of any medication you may need each month.

Hi all.

I recently have been made unemployed and have only just found out on Friday that I am not entitled to any JSA contribution based as I have not made enough NI contributions in the last few years.

Im also not entitled to income based JSA either. The man at the Job Centre who was very helpful and polite advised me to see if my partner could claim Working Tax Credits, we are not entitled to this either as he earns £500 too much per year.

Fact is if he worked part-time we would be better off, how does this work? I know that there are a lot of people out there who are and have been in the same position as we are now and its just so unfair so so unfair to people who are genuine and genuinely need the money.

We have both always worked, my partner full time and me most of the time full time but due to the economy I have worked part time about two years ago for about 18 months as I had to take what work I could to just pay the bills and afford to eat.

Anyway Im not saying that we are any special case or entitled to any special treatment but how bad is it when genuine people genuinely need the money to get by. Im asthmatic and I have to pay for my prescriptions which amount to about £25.00 every other month and then dental treatment. How the hell does this idiot of a government expect people to manange.

Im going balls out to find a job no matter what it is and its just so depressing to know that we wont have hardly any money left at the end of the end of the month when my partner gets paid. It really gets us mad.

Im not going to comment on the people on our estate who have lots of kids and have never worked in their life and have the biggest tv and run a car and can afford to smoke and drink, and get all the benefits.

I know I will find a job no matter what it is, but Its the feelings of frustration and the feeling really down and am finding it so hard to stay positive. People are saying stay positive but its really hard at this moment in time for both me and my partner.

Has anybody else out there felt like this when they have been in this situation and what did you do to make yourself feel more positive and upbeat.

Thanks for reading, from a very frustrated person

Why mention them?

Ok, I'll employ you for 50p per hour and you're not permitted to work for anyone else. If you don't take the job your dole money will be stopped.

I assume your childish comment relates to one of the workfare schemes.

Yes those scheme that take those who have been stagnating on the dole for years and reminds them what the rest of society - who actually pays for their benefits - has to do each and every day.

I have no problem with a few weeks forced work experience for those who have been draining the benefits system.

Oh and before the predictable counter argument comes I will say on record now that my comments INCLUDE a so called educated graduate who has sponged off taxpayers for far too long whilst doing their "voluntary work" hobby and chasing a rare dream world job as a pen museum curator.

Jobseekers is supposed to be a short term interim benefit. Nothing Else. A reminder of that for those who allegedly "cant find" any job whatsoever after a certain amount of time, well IMO 6 months, needs a threat of losing the same.

Quote;

"How unfair is this governmen to those who want to work."

Very.

They pay them a rubbish amount on the dole and then want them to work for free when there are so many jobs readily going for them to take.

I just cant understand it.;)

You wouldn't be in the position to be forced to "work for free" if you actually took a job (even for just a short term to tide you over) rather than sponging off the taxpayers waiting for something you choose to do.

I wonder how many people supposedly out of work for 2,3,4 years would have ignored the many open vacancies at poundland or tesco would have had on the books and now find themselves being forced to do a work placement there or lose there benefits. tough.

Archived