How unfair is this government to those who want to work.

Good for you.

OK - so the training and voluntary did not work case however it does for plenty of others

Anyway you have still proved the point I was trying to make.

You did not just sit there. You did not give up. You went around and kept contacting people to get you a job. Eventually you did it and 8 1/2 years are still there and have a promotion from it.

You are a perfect example of everything I have been trying to get across about putting the effort in.

and cats eyes has been trying too, unfortunately its not working for her at the moment

well for a start, being asthmatic is a medical condition that, even if working, you should be able to get your medication on the NHS

And yet you can't. You pay for it all. Best bet is the get a prepayment certificate. Mind you ASDA said a few weeks back they were going to be selling ventolins over the counter without a prescription for, if memory serves, less than a fiver. But if you are on minimum wage and you need 3 or more items a month it's a chunk of money you must find. And that can't be easy.

Thank you for all your comments, I can see that there are a lot of people who are in the same situation.

I feel very angry and very frustrated, so much so that my partner has told me to stop going on about it all the time. He says its a situation we are in and we need to deal with it and I to get whatever work I can and move on.

I hate this government, how are we supposed to pay for my medication for asthma, when we will have not much disposable income left to pay for it, Mr Cameron I bet you will never ever have to worry about how to pay for your medication if you need it.

I cant get over the fact that genuine people are been targeted very unfairly, and the ones who cant be arsed to get of their fat arses and keep spitting kids out get everything. I feel like swearing but I know I cant on here lol.

Its worrying how this country is going. We are going to end up like America and Greece.

Anyway I put out 5 cvs yesterday for a job at Peaks shopping centre and am going to ring up agencies tomorrow to see if I can get any work with them.

I wish you all a happy and peaceful week. Lets hope in the next general election that the British people come to their senses and lets not vote in these cretins in again.

I assume your childish comment relates to one of the workfare schemes.

Yes those scheme that take those who have been stagnating on the dole for years and reminds them what the rest of society - who actually pays for their benefits - has to do each and every day.

I have no problem with a few weeks forced work experience for those who have been draining the benefits system.

Oh and before the predictable counter argument comes I will say on record now that my comments INCLUDE a so called educated graduate who has sponged off taxpayers for far too long whilst doing their "voluntary work" hobby and chasing a rare dream world job as a pen museum curator.

Jobseekers is supposed to be a short term interim benefit. Nothing Else. A reminder of that for those who allegedly "cant find" any job whatsoever after a certain amount of time, well IMO 6 months, needs a threat of losing the same.

Are you a spin doctor working clandestine fashion on behalf of Ozzie Osborne and Big D?

Thank you for all your comments, I can see that there are a lot of people who are in the same situation.

I feel very angry and very frustrated, so much so that my partner has told me to stop going on about it all the time. He says its a situation we are in and we need to deal with it and I to get whatever work I can and move on.

I hate this government, how are we supposed to pay for my medication for asthma, when we will have not much disposable income left to pay for it, Mr Cameron I bet you will never ever have to worry about how to pay for your medication if you need it.

I cant get over the fact that genuine people are been targeted very unfairly, and the ones who cant be arsed to get of their fat arses and keep spitting kids out get everything. I feel like swearing but I know I cant on here lol.

Its worrying how this country is going. We are going to end up like America and Greece.

Anyway I put out 5 cvs yesterday for a job at Peaks shopping centre and am going to ring up agencies tomorrow to see if I can get any work with them.

I wish you all a happy and peaceful week. Lets hope in the next general election that the British people come to their senses and lets not vote in these cretins in again.

oh and just who do you think created this mess in the first place:loopy:yep good old liebour did,still your probably right the fools have short memories and will probably vote liebour back in to make a even bigger mess next time.some people never learn do they.

Are you a spin doctor working clandestine fashion on behalf of Ozzie Osborne and Big D?

No I am just someone who is sick to death of scroungers and their pathetic excuses for being unemployed month after month, year after year when so many others prove its not that hard to get a job if you want it.

I am a taxpayer who is sick of subsidising other people's lifestyles when I have to work hard to pay for mine.

I am an employer and employee who is stick of watching people drifting in and out of the company who clearly have no work ethic in them and would rather be unemployed milking the system than get out of bed in a morning.

I wouldn't be in your position though that's the point.

I would do, everything and anything to get employment again. For example if you dont have any recent experience get some. Do some voluntary work somewhere, look around to see if there are any placements you could do, contact local organisaitons to see if there is training courses you could do to improve your skills.

I just am not buying it. I simply do not beleive for a second that anyone really putting the effort in stays unemployed for that long.

Dont try to preach to me what life is like in the real work. I have two family members both with different degrees of mental health issues both struggled to work but they kept at it and got some. I also spent the first 10 years of my career working in social welfare law. I have seen the poorest people struggling through their lives. Its quite clear to me who were the ones actually putting the effort in to try to get on top of things.

I saw day in day out two types of clients. The ones who were genuinely jobseeking and the ones who went from shop to pub to bookies to pub to home every day.

I cannot beleive that none of the agencies would consider you. Some of them are employing for jobs with little or no skills/experience required. How many adverts on the net or papers ask for the same. After all where do you think all these "young folk" are getting their first jobs from.

I assume you must have work in the past from the tone of your posts so why isn't this experience valid. If it was a role that you might need refresher training or a bit of a update on to keep you skills fresh - go and get some.

How many times do I have to say this. EFFORT.

I am doing voluntary in the RSPCA shop and have been since June this year to gain some experience actually, and I AM ONE OF THE POOR PEOPLE WHO ALSO HAS MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES SO DO NOT TRY AND PATRONISE ME WITH YOUR PERSONAL FAMILY PROBLEMS I AM HAVING THEM AS WELL, LIKE ALOT OF PEOPLE.

I am telling you the truth, because I cannot drive and have no recent experience in anything I AM NOT CONSIDERED FOR POSITIONS. I wanted to do support work or home care BUT EVERY POSITION I LOOK AT ASKS FOR A PERSON WITH THEIR OWN TRANSPORT, WHICH I DO NOT HAVE. I have tried at countless agencies, they just refuse to register me I don`t know why or what it is, how many times do I have to say your username say`s it all.

I am doing voluntary in the RSPCA shop and have been since June this year to gain some experience actually, and I AM ONE OF THE POOR PEOPLE WHO ALSO HAS MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES SO DO NOT TRY AND PATRONISE ME WITH YOUR PERSONAL FAMILY PROBLEMS I AM HAVING THEM AS WELL, LIKE ALOT OF PEOPLE.

I am telling you the truth, because I cannot drive and have no recent experience in anything I AM NOT CONSIDERED FOR POSITIONS. I wanted to do support work or home care BUT EVERY POSITION I LOOK AT ASKS FOR A PERSON WITH THEIR OWN TRANSPORT, WHICH I DO NOT HAVE. I have tried at countless agencies, they just refuse to register me I don`t know why or what it is, how many times do I have to say your username say`s it all.

If you can get a bus to new mills, age concern want a shop manager for 7.20 an hour. Where is new mills anyway ?

Archived