How unfair is this government to those who want to work.

I am doing voluntary in the RSPCA shop and have been since June this year to gain some experience actually, and I AM ONE OF THE POOR PEOPLE WHO ALSO HAS MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES SO DO NOT TRY AND PATRONISE ME WITH YOUR PERSONAL FAMILY PROBLEMS I AM HAVING THEM AS WELL, LIKE ALOT OF PEOPLE.

I am telling you the truth, because I cannot drive and have no recent experience in anything I AM NOT CONSIDERED FOR POSITIONS. I wanted to do support work or home care BUT EVERY POSITION I LOOK AT ASKS FOR A PERSON WITH THEIR OWN TRANSPORT, WHICH I DO NOT HAVE. I have tried at countless agencies, they just refuse to register me I don`t know why or what it is, how many times do I have to say your username say`s it all.

Glad to hear you are NOW doing voluntary work it will help you gain the experience you need. Have you asked the RSPCA whether they are likely to have any paid vacancies within your local branches? If you are doing the job already you could be an excellent asset to them.

Now sorry as I am to hear of your illness - you were the one who assumed I knew nothing of the real world. I have merely proved how wrong you are. You of all people should know what support, care and guidance is available out there and I trust you are taking full advantage of that.

Whilst I am sorry to hear you cannot drive due to your health - If that is the nature of the work you are applying for i.e. you need to be mobile with your own transport - stop applying for those jobs. You are clearly not in a position to do them.

Upsetting as it maybe you need to focus on something else. I said before, we dont always end up working in a job we CHOOSE to do. If you cant drive and the job calls for it, then im afriad you cant do it.

Try other work or different types of agencies.

Now, wind your neck in. Im not sitting here patronising you. I am merely giving my point that 3 years unemployment is not the norm and there are lots of thing you are or can be doing to sort it. Mental health issues or not there is plenty of options out there and much support available. Use it.

You say you are doing voluntary work now. Maybe it would have been more of a benefit 2 years ago.

No I am just someone who is sick to death of scroungers and their pathetic excuses for being unemployed month after month, year after year when so many others prove its not that hard to get a job if you want it.

I am a taxpayer who is sick of subsidising other people's lifestyles when I have to work hard to pay for mine.

I am an employer and employee who is stick of watching people drifting in and out of the company who clearly have no work ethic in them and would rather be unemployed milking the system than get out of bed in a morning.

You deserve an QBE for your efforts and I for one wold vote for you.

I have applied for two paid vacancies at two different locations within the area where I live. I did say that, but you did not seem to grasp the difficulty being unemployed brings as you clearly are not.

It is not my health issue that has anything to do with me not driving, I just have not learned to drive. I do not just apply for jobs that say YOU NEED OWN TRANSPORT, I APPLIED FOR OTHER JOBS AND THEN GET TOLD OH YOU NEED A CAR WHICH I DO NOT HAVE. Like I said before I HAVE GONE TO SEVERAL DIFFERENT AGENCIES, YOU WIND YOUR NECK IN YOU ARE THE ONE JUDGING OTHERS FOR BEING IN A SITUATION THAT THEY CANNOT CHANGE DUE TO THE ECONOMY, AND THERE ARE NO JOBS THAT IS OUR WHOLE POINT OF THIS THREAD.

I am getting support and help for my issues, and that is why I am doing voluntary work but also because it gets me out of the house, as I am fed up and actually want to go back to work unlike some young people. Two years ago I tried to set up a businesses that failed, that is how I ended up unemployed in the first place. :);)

I am doing voluntary in the RSPCA shop and have been since June this year to gain some experience actually, and I AM ONE OF THE POOR PEOPLE WHO ALSO HAS MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES SO DO NOT TRY AND PATRONISE ME WITH YOUR PERSONAL FAMILY PROBLEMS I AM HAVING THEM AS WELL, LIKE ALOT OF PEOPLE.

I am telling you the truth, because I cannot drive and have no recent experience in anything I AM NOT CONSIDERED FOR POSITIONS. I wanted to do support work or home care BUT EVERY POSITION I LOOK AT ASKS FOR A PERSON WITH THEIR OWN TRANSPORT, WHICH I DO NOT HAVE. I have tried at countless agencies, they just refuse to register me I don`t know why or what it is, how many times do I have to say your username say`s it all.

Is this the sort of job you're looking for: http://www.charityjob.co.uk/Jobs/250215/Support-Worker-F-T-or-P-T-Supported-Living-Deafblind?rid=54&utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed

They want someone with a driving licence, but don't mention own transport. They are offering training too.

I have applied for two paid vacancies at two different locations within the area where I live. I did say that, but you did not seem to grasp the difficulty being unemployed brings as you clearly are not.

It is not my health issue that has anything to do with me not driving, I just have not learned to drive. I do not just apply for jobs that say YOU NEED OWN TRANSPORT, I APPLIED FOR OTHER JOBS AND THEN GET TOLD OH YOU NEED A CAR WHICH I DO NOT HAVE. Like I said before I HAVE GONE TO SEVERAL DIFFERENT AGENCIES, YOU WIND YOUR NECK IN YOU ARE THE ONE JUDGING OTHERS FOR BEING IN A SITUATION THAT THEY CANNOT CHANGE DUE TO THE ECONOMY, AND THERE ARE NO JOBS THAT IS OUR WHOLE POINT OF THIS THREAD.

I am getting support and help for my issues, and that is why I am doing voluntary work but also because it gets me out of the house, as I am fed up and actually want to go back to work unlike some young people. Two years ago I tried to set up a businesses that failed, that is how I ended up unemployed in the first place. :);)

I HAVE been unemployed in the past so what makes you think I have no idea what its like. However, so have lots of other people. You think you're alone? Think what other people have done who do seem by some magical mystical way to get a job when you cant.

Now im not gonna sit here repeating myself becuase obviously im getting nowhere other than the same excuses from you...

...and after all its just my opinion so why do you care what I say....

But on a final word I've just highlighted a few things that you really really need think about. Dont you think you might be able to change some of these factors? Do you really beleive they are the true reason for you not getting a job?

ta ta.

Now now. Stop being like a child just because some disagrees with you.

I can give my opinon because I was unemployed for just under 3 months. Not 3 years. Changes things a bit doesn't it.

Anway, like I said, I gave my opinion. You dont have to take it.

I HAVE been unemployed in the past so what makes you think I have no idea what its like. However, so have lots of other people. You think you're alone? Think what other people have done who do seem by some magical mystical way to get a job when you cant.

Now im not gonna sit here repeating myself becuase obviously im getting nowhere other than the same excuses from you...

...and after all its just my opinion so why do you care what I say....

But on a final word I've just highlighted a few things that you really really need think about. Dont you think you might be able to change some of these factors? Do you really beleive they are the true reason for you not getting a job?

ta ta.

I wonder if I can ask how long ago it was when you were unemployed?

I ask because things have changed drastically in the last few years, and it seems to be getting progressively harder to find jobs.

By that I mean jobs that don't sack you after 3 - 6 months, not because you aren't suitable or have done something wrong, but because they get a government grant to employ you which runs out after 3 months, so they might as well get somebody new for free....

Or jobs on 0 hours, which means you are legally employed but they don't have to give you any paid employment unless they need to, which can be just a couple of hours a month....

Or temporary jobs which mean that as soon as you've settled in you're out again and have to go through all the hastle of reapplying for dole which can leave you destitute for weeks or months....

Or part time jobs which don't pay enough, but preclude you from getting any help with benefits so that you simply can't afford to take them....

Or jobs that look like jobs but turn out to be expensive training courses where you end up paying them....

Or proper, decent jobs which you lose because you're the last one in, first one out when it comes to redundancy....

Or selling jobs which are commision only, and in this climate have products that are all but impossible to sell...

I could go on but I don't want to depress Lisa. Some will get jobs but not all. There are simply not enough jobs to go round. I personally know of decent, hard working, well qualified people who have lost jobs of many years standing and have been unable to get anything since. They apply for everything they can, but if they get any reply at all, they are either too old or too over qualified to even get an interview. All their savings are gone and they are now suffering depression and health problems. In short, they are broken men.

We are not only in a recession / depression, we are moving towards a future where there will be far fewer jobs thanks to technology and automation. Neither are jobs equally spread over the entire country, there are huge unemployment black spots, and the government have all but written them off.

The Government (either party) are not going to admit this, so we are subject to yet another media propaganda campaign that sets out to vilefy the unemployed and put the blame on them for their predicament, labling them 'scroungers' when most of them clearly are not.

You are helping them by buying into this with your attitude. So please have a little compassion. It could be you next.

Archived