Spent the night in the cells :(

... Otherwise they might get the idea that it's ok to sexually assault people in front of their families.

Or ever, at all ?

Very very doubtful the cps will follow it through. More likely both parties will be advised to drop charges as it involves less work for the poolice and themselves.

Or ever, at all ?

Very very doubtful the cps will follow it through. More likely both parties will be advised to drop charges as it involves less work for the poolice and themselves.

Isn't it more important that a sexual offender be arrested and prosecuted than someone who is acting in defence of a family member?

Isn't it more important that a sexual offender be arrested and prosecuted than someone who is acting in defence of a family member?

Indeed it is. Irrespective of the hiding received by the wrongdoer I think he should punished by the law. I believe people should be allowed to defend their family/home/self with whatever force they deem necessary.

Drunkenness as suggested by a previous poster, does not excuse people's actions and "counselling"/giving the guy a good talking to, would be as pointless as a cucumber.

Why did they arrest you, though? And what happened to the man who sexually assaulted your wife? Is she able to insist that they press charges against him? Or is it ok with the police that he gets away with the public humiliation, because you punished him yourself all ready? :huh:

I don't have any advice about how you should deal with your children, sorry. Except don't make too much of a deal about it or spend too much time blaming yourself to them. Otherwise they might get the idea that it's ok to sexually assault people in front of their families, or anywhere else, actually.

I can give a bit more info now.

We went out last night for a meal at a local resturant.

Me the missus and my kids along with the nephew and one of his friends.

We had a great night, the food was amazing and the atmosphere was fun but there was a bloke who kept looking at out table.

He winked at my daughter (6) and then licked his lips.

We thought nothing of it as he was eating so assumed he licked his lips cos of that.

About half hour before we were due to leave the missus went to the ladies snd then this bloke got up from his table and went to the gents, or so i thought.

I got a txt from the missus saying "hes trying the toilet door" so i went to have a look.

He was stood outside the cublicle and when challenged said "oh, i thought this was the gents"

We spoke to the manger and left after paying out bill.

This man comes outside and shouts at the missus.

"YOU WANT ME DONT YOU!! YOU WANT ME AND SO DOES YOUR FRIEND" meaning my daughter.

He then walked up to us, pushed me to the floor and grabbed the missus privates. Hand up skirt and trying to pull at her panties.

Of course i was scared so i got up and lamped him one.

A few people came out from the place wed just been to to see what was happening but no one saw him touch the wife.

Someone called the police and an ambulance who arrive quickly and when this bloke came round he said the the police.

"He hit me, for no reason"

The kids and wife were hysterical at this point and tried to tell the police what had happened but they were too busy checking if he was ok and slapping the cuff on me.

The missus went back into the resturant and asked the manager to back us up with what had happened in the toilets but he said "Sorry, i dont want to get involved. If it had been on the premisis then that would be different but....."

This man WILL be pressing charges and the police wont take a report of assault against him as the copper in charge said "well your wife can say anything if she thinks itll get you off the hook cant she?"

I was released on bail this morning and have to report back soon where the police say i will be charged with ABH, possibly GBH if his cheek bone is broken.

Now, thats what happened and so you people who are making personal comments about my wife should remember this.

You need to grow up.

She is devastated by what has happened and so are the kids.

What was i to do?

Some bloke touches up the missus right in front of the kids and me.

He grabbed her privates and said some nasty comment so i floored him.

Spark out and asleep for a good 10 minutes.

I never felt good about it and when i got nicked i felt even worse.

Kids hysterical after seeing their mum assualted then their dad arrested and assaulted by the police.

Im not sure how to even start helping them get over this????????????

Why were you assaulted by the police?

It sounds like it.

Indeed it is. Irrespective of the hiding received by the wrongdoer I think he should punished by the law. I believe people should be allowed to defend their family/home/self with whatever force they deem necessary.

Drunkenness as suggested by a previous poster, does not excuse people's actions and "counselling"/giving the guy a good talking to, would be as pointless as a cucumber.

Sorry, meant to answer the drunk question but got side tracked.

He didnt seem drunk but then you never know.

He seemed like he was just been awkward, rude and spoiling for a fight.

He wasnt slurring his words or stumbing around.

He just seemed a bit of a perverted idiot.

Archived