New one on the spam front

Well this one is a new one on me, a haha weve won a fortune email!!!! Has anyone else been sent this email?

From the dawes family: i Dave and My wife won the biggest Euro Millions lottery prize of £101,203,600.70 GBP. see sky news below.http://news.sky.com/story/890584/lottery-winners-to-make-friends-millionaires

Weird

No, what does it say? I've read the link, maybe they've chosen you at random to make you a millionaire? :D

Thats all it said!!!!

The enitire email consisted of

From the dawes family: i Dave and My wife won the biggest Euro Millions lottery prize of £101,203,600.70 GBP. see sky news below.http://news.sky.com/story/890584/lot...s-millionaires

on another note...

It is the third largest lottery win in British history and makes them the 703rd richest people in the country.

So, £101million, 703rd richest? -- think how much money there is with those 700 people...

now, think where all our money's gone!

Well this one is a new one on me, a haha weve won a fortune email!!!! Has anyone else been sent this email?

From the dawes family: i Dave and My wife won the biggest Euro Millions lottery prize of £101,203,600.70 GBP. see sky news below.http://news.sky.com/story/890584/lottery-winners-to-make-friends-millionaires

Weird

Do not fall for these criminals!!!!!

I'm just so envious, £100million plus ... just imagine for a moment what you could do with that sort of money. Endow a charitable foundation, open a couple of youth clubs, have annoying people bumped off - JK!! - see your loved ones right for life.

No idea what the purpose of your mail was about, although I did get the one purporting to be one of my friends abandoned in a Spanish hellhole with no money ... however the friend they chose is called Shaffaq Mohammed, not Malik, so close. But, sadly, no cigar! :D

Hmmm what could the plan be? You reply with congratulations or maybe a bit of a scrounge, and then they want your bank details, or, if you lend them a couple of hundred til their lotto cheque clears, you get a few mill?? lol dodgy scam if its meant to be one.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Do you have any idea who sent you the e-mail?

The link does go to what appears to be a genuine Sky story - but it's hardly News. - The Dawes family won the money in October last year.

Perhaps the writer thinks you are Dave Dawes living under an assumed name in Sheffield :hihi:

Archived