Sheffield TENTENTEN 2012

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Only 6 weeks to go until this years Endcliffe Park 10k - (The Sheffield TENTENTEN) ....http://www.sheffield10k.com .....

The are also rumours of a potential fun run 2.5k-3k....TBC

Free entry competition currently running on our facebook page too at http://www.facebook.com/sheffield10k...

Hopefully the Olympics have been inspiring.... why not set a goal of your won and get out there and join the fun!? :-)

Beginner runners ........ make me laugh ............. they are all 'beginner' runners when compared to the elite who start and finish first in respectable times.

This current fad with sporting involvement will last until something appears on TV as a distraction to the Olympics. The big codswallop of a nation getting involved in sport when school playing fields are still being sold off, school sport is not adequately funded , neither are facilities in place; school Mum's continue to feed their kids bribery food, junk food and sweets; transport the brats everywhere; ply them with thumb twiddlers and Ds rubbish where kids live in fantasy worlds and have a vocabulary to match, yet remain uncouth, uncultured, foul mouthed, sociopath freaks; yet it is these selfish adults, these unfit parents who never abdicated parental responsibility because they never accepted or understood it, who seek this other life of healthy living while carrying on average two stone over weight, exercising for 20 minutes, getting dressed for it for 30 minutes, driving to it and back for an hour, then spending the evening back on the sofa in front of the box learning what opinion to have according to whatever celebrity bimbo is spouting their two pennorth in order to publish their latest film/book/video/series. And if they were told to take up parachuting they'd be flinging themselves off tall buildings over night. I can wish.

The Masons might be every where but the belief that you have to be positive is implanted in the brains of the plebs. No criticism, no alternative or independent view is acceptable. One size must fit all; anything goes, even absolute dross as everyone is led to believe they have talent as well as dreams when clearly they don't. They don't call it X-factor without reason. It's as far from 'A' factor as you can almost get.

I didn't watch Diana's marriage nor her death; I didn't watch, listen to, buy, swallow or acknowledge Harry and Wills wedding or whatever it was at the time; neither did I go anywhere near the TV Olympics where every broadcaster sold their soul in pursuit of the greatest moment of their career; some one landing in sand as if it were a man on the moon.

Dumb and Dumber seems like University Challenge compared with where we are now as a nation; thicker than freshly laid pig shine and wallowing in it like sunshine.

Has anyone read a book in the last 15 years? Has anyone not used a mobile for 15 seconds? Drivng included.

Airport novels are not books. Colouring doesn't count. Mobiles are not oxygen masks, pacemakers or replacement organs. It is possible to do without one. There is a life beyond this.

Face book and twitter. I can not imagine a more Orwellian concept. Back to books again so it's lost.

And the living dead are denied the right to die so as to be able to take more of this mindless crap.

I despair.

But lets go jogging and have 15 minutes of forgetfullness. Actually, that's wrong. Warhol's 15 minutes of fame turned out to be a life time of Huxley's soma; happy pills and positivity; tell that to China's dissidents. A lifetime of dumbed down mindlessness set on the pursuit of nothingness. A life measured in used cars, broken promises like fridges, white elephants littering the curb side along with supermarket trolleys and discarded handbags.

And to cap it all the Spice Girls .............

Why?

Beginner runners ........ make me laugh ............. they are all 'beginner' runners when compared to the elite who start and finish first in respectable times.

This current fad with sporting involvement will last until something appears on TV as a distraction to the Olympics. The big codswallop of a nation getting involved in sport when school playing fields are still being sold off, school sport is not adequately funded , neither are facilities in place; school Mum's continue to feed their kids bribery food, junk food and sweets; transport the brats everywhere; ply them with thumb twiddlers and Ds rubbish where kids live in fantasy worlds and have a vocabulary to match, yet remain uncouth, uncultured, foul mouthed, sociopath freaks; yet it is these selfish adults, these unfit parents who never abdicated parental responsibility because they never accepted or understood it, who seek this other life of healthy living while carrying on average two stone over weight, exercising for 20 minutes, getting dressed for it for 30 minutes, driving to it and back for an hour, then spending the evening back on the sofa in front of the box learning what opinion to have according to whatever celebrity bimbo is spouting their two pennorth in order to publish their latest film/book/video/series. And if they were told to take up parachuting they'd be flinging themselves off tall buildings over night. I can wish.

The Masons might be every where but the belief that you have to be positive is implanted in the brains of the plebs. No criticism, no alternative or independent view is acceptable. One size must fit all; anything goes, even absolute dross as everyone is led to believe they have talent as well as dreams when clearly they don't. They don't call it X-factor without reason. It's as far from 'A' factor as you can almost get.

I didn't watch Diana's marriage nor her death; I didn't watch, listen to, buy, swallow or acknowledge Harry and Wills wedding or whatever it was at the time; neither did I go anywhere near the TV Olympics where every broadcaster sold their soul in pursuit of the greatest moment of their career; some one landing in sand as if it were a man on the moon.

Dumb and Dumber seems like University Challenge compared with where we are now as a nation; thicker than freshly laid pig shine and wallowing in it like sunshine.

Has anyone read a book in the last 15 years? Has anyone not used a mobile for 15 seconds? Drivng included.

Airport novels are not books. Colouring doesn't count. Mobiles are not oxygen masks, pacemakers or replacement organs. It is possible to do without one. There is a life beyond this.

Face book and twitter. I can not imagine a more Orwellian concept. Back to books again so it's lost.

And the living dead are denied the right to die so as to be able to take more of this mindless crap.

I despair.

But lets go jogging and have 15 minutes of forgetfullness. Actually, that's wrong. Warhol's 15 minutes of fame turned out to be a life time of Huxley's soma; happy pills and positivity; tell that to China's dissidents. A lifetime of dumbed down mindlessness set on the pursuit of nothingness. A life measured in used cars, broken promises like fridges, white elephants littering the curb side along with supermarket trolleys and discarded handbags.

And to cap it all the Spice Girls .............

Why?

What a miserable bugger you are, cheer up!!

Archived