Make Me A Real Ale Trail (Plan My Life)

I'm going out on Saturday evening as a bit of a reward for getting into uni and I'd like some help planning a decent route for ales as I'm always frequenting similar establishments. It'd be nice to be based around or finish in town so I can get a groove on if I so wish later on.

These are some pubs I'm playing with but I'm not sure which are best or which to miss out completely and if anyone can recommend a particular route??

Fat Cat

Kelham Island Tavern

Harlequin

Riverside

Gardeners Rest

The Red Deer

University Arms

Brown Bear

Sheffield Tap

Henrys

Devonshire Cat

The Hop

Frog & Parrot

Shakespeares

Dada

Fagans

Bath Hotel

The Museum

Last call - A&E for stomach pump! :)

Good work though! I went to the Hop on Saturday and found they had a nice selection of ales.

One that's not on the list is All Bar One - now it's not the sort of pub I like, in fact it's a bar, not a pub, but it's the only place in Sheffield which serves my all time favourite beer, Doom Bar. I started a lengthy relationship with Doom Bar on one of my recent Newquay holidays, and like to seek it out where possible! It's worth tolerating all the people I don't like in All Bar One, just for that ale!

One that's not on the list is All Bar One - now it's not the sort of pub I like, in fact it's a bar, not a pub, but it's the only place in Sheffield which serves my all time favourite beer, Doom Bar. I started a lengthy relationship with Doom Bar on one of my recent Newquay holidays, and like to seek it out where possible! It's worth tolerating all the people I don't like in All Bar One, just for that ale!

I am actually crying in excitement! My good lady is from Cambridge and her step-dad introduced me to this little gem on one of our trips down there. Absolutely love the stuff. You are my hero!

I am actually crying in excitement! My good lady is from Cambridge and her step-dad introduced me to this little gem on one of our trips down there. Absolutely love the stuff. You are my hero!

In that case I insist you down an extra one for me! :)

It's without a doubt my favourite. :thumbsup:

On another thread I've seen that Doom Bar is served in The Rose at Walkley. Perhaps this thread should turn into a "where to find Doom Bar" thread?!

That is a great plan! I also must find the Rose now as I've never been. :D

Archived