Olympic village to be sold cheaply to private concern

The olympic village that was built at great expense with taxpayers money is to be sold off cheaply to the private sector. For me this is tantamount to robbing the taxpayer. Yet again vast amounts of public money are being placed into very very wealthy private hands.

So we're going to get most of the money back,plus plans to add more properties at no expense to the public. Just imagine how much tax and income will be brought in when the properties sell and hopefully remain occupied for at least a generation.

So recoup 2/3 of the cash up front,plus further investment without the public purse and then get income form the tenants of 2.5k homes.That seems pretty good value to me.

If you subtract the cost of new homes and infrastructure from the games bill and allocate it to the renovation/house building departments of the council,the Olympic village cost the taxpayer nothing.

So we're going to get most of the money back,plus plans to add more properties at no expense to the public. Just imagine how much tax and income will be brought in when the properties sell and hopefully remain occupied for at least a generation.

So recoup 2/3 of the cash up front,plus further investment without the public purse and then get income form the tenants of 2.5k homes.That seems pretty good value to me.

If you subtract the cost of new homes and infrastructure from the games bill and allocate it to the renovation/house building departments of the council,the Olympic village cost the taxpayer nothing.

And don't forget the cost of building the village included furniture ad fittings. These have pretty much been sold off seperately and will have raised quite a sum.

Archived