Beware poisons through your letter box

Posting stuff through the letterbox is "acting recklessly" is it?

How about a note on your door saying "No freebies as my pets or kids may eat it" if you have such a problem?

If the letterbox is such a source of danger then make some sort of effort to keep pets or kids away from it.

I've had both and never had a problem.

the postman isn't legally able to vet your post for you :rolleyes:

it wasn't a source of danger until Nectar chose to turn it into such a thing

And how do you teach a child not to eat sweets readily accessible in its own home?

My dog doesn't eat the post, but many others do, and training takes time

Sainsbury's have already said they wouldn't send out samples of bleach in this fashion (for obvious reasons)

See my previous post.

I can teach my child NOT to harm herself in foreseeable circumstances (hot oven, hot tea, falling down stairs etc), but it is impossible to teach her not to come to harm in circumstances which cannot be planned for, and more to the point SHOULD not occur

Perhaps you think I should have whacked her for opening the post, even though nearly every parcel which arrives here is for her :rolleyes:

I think this is a minority making a mountain out of a molehill.

We've got by for years with this kind of thing and no problems to the stage of radically altering the way our post or other goods are delivered.

I think it makes far more sense for the householder to make the simple preventative remedies than go bleating on in a Helen Lovejoy "Won't somebody thing of the children" way.

And how do you teach a child not to eat sweets readily accessible in its own home?

Sainsbury's have already said they wouldn't send out samples of bleach in this fashion (for obvious reasons)

1. It's not rocket science to teach your kids that not everything that looks like a sweet is a sweet, and that they should never eat anything unfamiliar without asking first. They also shouldn't be eating whatever they want whenever they want it (especially sweets!!). Teach them to ask first.

2. These allegations of Aspartame toxicity are vastly overblown. It's one of most highly tested food additives in the world and it's safety has been demonstrated many times over. The health scares related to it are mostly cooked up by a handfull of ill-informed conspiracy theorists.

In answer to the 1st question, we always taught our kids to ask before they took anything, & if we say no, it means no; oh & we educated them on what's good & bad for them. Sorry to say it but your post is reflective of the "nanny" state we live in, teach your little treasure.:)

1. It's not rocket science to teach your kids that not everything that looks like a sweet is a sweet, and that they should never eat anything unfamiliar without asking first. They also shouldn't be eating whatever they want whenever they want it (especially sweets!!). Teach them to ask first.

2. These allegations of Aspartame toxicity are vastly overblown. It's one of most highly tested food additives in the world and it's safety has been demonstrated many times over. The health scares related to it are mostly cooked up by a handfull of ill-informed conspiracy theorists.

Conspiracy Theorists and over 600 airline pilots.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070417151914AANskRS

Archived