Plain Packaged Cigarettes: Is it a charter for counterfeiters ?

So is everything you have posted on this thread. I would think a child seeing a mouth full of green teeth may well be detered from smoking. I presume the Australian Government have based their ideas on far more evidence than you have.

Oh... more insults I see. Never mind, there's always one.

So where is the evidence?

I don't have to produce evidence. It's my opinion! Simples! Just because it doesn't match your opinion, doesn't make me some kind of idiot.

Oh... more insults I see. Never mind, there's always one.

So where is the evidence?

I don't have to produce evidence. It's my opinion! Simples! Just because it doesn't match your opinion, doesn't make me some kind of idiot.

No but seeing insults from everyone who doesn't agree with your half baked theory and your contention that only other people need to produce evidence probably indicates that you are one.

I suppose by using "plain" packs they're just taking away the last bit of advertising..

Yes I guess they are.

But I do see it being somewhat counter productive though. Human nature being what it is, if something is harder to get hold of. Be it by pricing it out of reach, or hiding it under the counter or whatever, there are those who will want it all the more. That's when the black market steps in and makes money off the back of it.

Yes I guess they are.

But I do see it being somewhat counter productive though. Human nature being what it is, if something is harder to get hold of. Be it by pricing it out of reach, or hiding it under the counter or whatever, there are those who will want it all the more. That's when the black market steps in and makes money off the back of it.

Has smoking increased since the advertising ban and the "under the counter" rule?

No but seeing insults from everyone who doesn't agree with your half baked theory and your contention that only other people need to produce evidence probably indicates that you are one.

More insults eh? Why do you have to resort to base level? Truman doesn't agree with me at all, yet he's civilised and argues his opinion well. I respect that, he doesn't have to resort to insults.