MTB'ing Millhouses to Sheff Train Station

webkey

Afternoon,

Just moved to Millhouses, thinking of biking (MTB) to Sheffield Train station a few mornings a week, any suggestions on routes. I've got Dore station on my doorstep, but the former route would tick the fitness box!!!

Ideally I'd like to avoid busy roads, any cheeky trails or cycle lands? I had a look at the Council's map for SW Sheffield, appears to be a bit sparse?

Cheers,

David.

I always used to cycle along the main road, was a pretty quick journey, you would overtake cars while in the cycle lane come rush hour, some would be cruel and block it on purpose.

Yeah, there's that as well, the 'us and them' battle. Thanks for reply, may get my bike out at the weekend and have an explore................

Afternoon,

Just moved to Millhouses, thinking of biking (MTB) to Sheffield Train station a few mornings a week, any suggestions on routes. I've got Dore station on my doorstep, but the former route would tick the fitness box!!!

Ideally I'd like to avoid busy roads, any cheeky trails or cycle lands? I had a look at the Council's map for SW Sheffield, appears to be a bit sparse?

Cheers,

David.

Apart from the obvious millhouses park no off the beaten track routes exist.All the roads are busy at that end of town, just as a side note do trains stop at dore any more.

That's a shame, was hoping a similar TPT existed over these parts, used to be able to use the TPT to get to the station, mostly, when I lived in Firth Park. Yes, trains do stop at Dore, which is my current route, 10 min stroll to said station and train to Leeds.

Afternoon,

Cheers,

David.

There is a great really quick route from Millhouses to town I do it all the time and much of it is quiet roads or bike/path lanes.

Its on the south west map which I agree is not a great map but basically if you go past Sainsburys on archer rd then at the sharp left just before the new virgin (originally Esporta) you go right pretty sure its sign posted from there to town you go down the side of the original virgin too.I can get to town much quicker on that route than by car!

Its not very hilly but you can always add springfield rd (not a bike lane) on the end if you need a challenge :)

There is a great really quick route from Millhouses to town I do it all the time and much of it is quiet roads or bike/path lanes.

Its on the south west map which I agree is not a great map but basically if you go past Sainsburys on archer rd then at the sharp left just before the new virgin (originally Esporta) you go right pretty sure its sign posted from there to town you go down the side of the original virgin too.I can get to town much quicker on that route than by car!

Its not very hilly but you can always add springfield rd (not a bike lane) on the end if you need a challenge :)

That`s right. You can also get through Hutcliffe Woods entering off the bottom of Abbey Lane just over the railway bridge.

Archived