1 in, one agreed pending medical, and then possibly..

a_weishaupt

You wish you had a player as 'poor' as Brian Deane was at S6 now...

As you'd know if you'd read the post, free scoring in Ireland means nothing - doing it at Championship level is a much harder prospect. As I said, he may well go onto be an owls legend... but to get carried away yet...?

I remember why I had you on ignore now... :hihi:

I can read and absorb anyone's posts, wrong, right, deluded or fantastic and wouldn't be so arrogant as to ignore someone else's opinion.

You say they are 'not earth shattering signings' yet you confess to not knowing anything about Corry.

Then you go on to say that they could go on to be Owls legends.

So that's you right whatever happens.

If they become legends, you'll say 'I told you so' but if they flop, you'll say 'I told you so'.

No one's getting carried away, only you and your poo pooing of anyone who signs for Wednesday. No doubt you'll have slagged Antonio somewhere along the line.

Credit's due for Wednesday making signings, and giving DJ the backing and having a go.

It could all end in tears.

I can read and absorb anyone's posts, wrong, right, deluded or fantastic and wouldn't be so arrogant as to ignore someone else's opinion.

You say they are 'not earth shattering signings' yet you confess to not knowing anything about Corry.

Then you go on to say that they could go on to be Owls legends.

So that's you right whatever happens.

If they become legends, you'll say 'I told you so' but if they flop, you'll say 'I told you so'.

No one's getting carried away, only you and your poo pooing of anyone who signs for Wednesday. No doubt you'll have slagged Antonio somewhere along the line.

Credit's due for Wednesday making signings, and giving DJ the backing and having a go.

It could all end in tears.

No-one's getting carried away? you should read some of your fellow owls posters perhaps!

I wasn't intending to claim any 'I told you so' if they turn out to be legends, but if you interpret it that way, fine. Just that there was hardly a clamour to sign Corry or Mayor on here, and if neither signed you wouldn't have been bothered at all. They're squad signings, not likely to be automatic starters anytime soon.

As I also said the Bothroyd signing would be a good one, and clearly Antonio is a good signing for Wednesday (regardless of only proving himself so far in L1), because he's a talisman for the owls fans - he's not lost a game for the owls yet, and without him they don't look anywhere near as dangerous. Clearly too good for L1, and could yet do the same in the Championship.

Hope you enjoy the new season - and don't feel singled out with the 'ignore' comment, i've had about 10 owls on ignore most of the summer :hihi: Just saves getting involved in pages of petty stuff - too old for that now:)

Up the blades - good luck owls too.

Is the £1m for Bothroyd the figure that's been quoted in the press/rumours, or your opinion of his value? Was he the one rumoured to be part of the swap for Madine?

As for the others, Mayor didn't play at the Lane, and did little (apart from one mazy run that Monty stopped) when we battered them 4-2 away... 'great winger' is pushing it based on one performance at S6, but he may do the job Treacy did in providing competition with JJ? Certainly not any better than you already have on the wings.

Never heard of Paul Corry at all, and I expect very few on here had until you just mentioned him - low risk for that price for someone who may be no better than a Lowe, presumably he's to be in the development squad? Certainly not a signing to make you get carried away... unless he's the next Shane Long!

Now if Bothroyd signs, that is a good signing at that level and he should be expected to get near 20 goals, in the all new ultra attacking owls team. :) Proven quality at that level (unlike the other two you mentioned). £1m though - is this the sign of intent for promotion from the Serb we've all been waiting to see?

I believe we couldn't have got Antonio for much less than £1million Sheff, given that they refused our offer of £700k. I took the fact we got him as a good sign of Mandaric's intent (without getting too excited of course!:) )

I believe we couldn't have got Antonio for much less than £1million Sheff, given that they refused our offer of £700k. I took the fact we got him as a good sign of Mandaric's intent (without getting too excited of course!:) )

Are you easily excited potlegs :D, not working :)

Wish I was Bypass - been waiting a while now for something to blow mi socks off! :hihi: You not at work either? (Is that what you meant?) Day off - allegedly for me - just means unpaid work instead but at least I got an early finish, watching England top order fail (again) at cricket and coming on here to see what you lot are bantering about :) Know there are seperate threads for this but reckon (or hope) tomorrow Utd home win 3-1, Wed away win 1-3 - what odds do you reckon I'd get on that- if I were a gambling lady? :)

Wish I was Bypass - been waiting a while now for something to blow mi socks off! :hihi: You not at work either? (Is that what you meant?) Day off - allegedly for me - just means unpaid work instead but at least I got an early finish, watching England top order fail (again) at cricket and coming on here to see what you lot are bantering about :) Know there are seperate threads for this but reckon (or hope) tomorrow Utd home win 3-1, Wed away win 1-3 - what odds do you reckon I'd get on that- if I were a gambling lady? :)

Hey up; no I'm still off sick, been off since May I'm hoping to go back early Sept, or October hey I might have a punt on that, hold on YOU lady lol xxx

Archived