Can My Employer Do This?

At least now everyone has accepted that she has committed the criminal act of theft.

In fact, no. But is it relevant?

Whether it is theft or criminal damage matters little since both are crimes and if you want them dealt with as such, then talk to the police.

Or, if you want to be sensible, then look in your employee handbook under "grievance procedure".

In fact, no. But is it relevant?

Whether it is theft or criminal damage matters little since both are crimes and if you want them dealt with as such, then talk to the police.

Or, if you want to be sensible, then look in your employee handbook under "grievance procedure".

In fact, yes. But since both criminal damage and theft are treat as gross misconduct punishable by instant dismissal under grievance procedures , I am inclined to agree that it is not relevant which criminal act she is guilty of.:)

Many people in the past who have been guilty of a criminal offence at work have been dismissed (or rather allowed to resign),without a conviction. The person who has committed the offence would have a choice of being reported and found guilty plus sacked, or merely being "allowed to leave". They choose to go without a conviction.

The people whose food was stolen should report the woman to the area bosses demanding for her to be "allowed to leave"

The truth is your employer can do whatever the hell he or she wants we are in the middle of an endless recession,the Tories are in power and the Unions are impotent.Millions of people will do your job for less if you don't like it,you know this and sadly so does your employer:(

The truth is your employer can do whatever the hell he or she wants we are in the middle of an endless recession,the Tories are in power and the Unions are impotent.Millions of people will do your job for less if you don't like it,you know this and sadly so does your employer:(

I agree that unions are important, but I think that your spelling ain't too good.:hihi:

A lot of truth in that the pendulum has swung to far in favour of the employer but to be fair I remember the 70's when it went to far the other way.

Archived