Can My Employer Do This?

A lot of truth in that the pendulum has swung to far in favour of the employer but to be fair I remember the 70's when it went to far the other way.

Yep. I was born in the 70's, and things were bad enough that I remember it. :?

I am not convinced that the unions are impotent though, but they have lost their direction and forgotten their purpose.

I am not convinced that the unions are impotent though, but they have lost their direction and forgotten their purpose.

I sometimes think even those in charge of unions have their nose in some trough these days..

Of course they are impotent rendered so by a duped and blinkered British public who have acted as cheerleaders as the concept of workers rights has become an oxymoron:(

Of course they are impotent rendered so by a duped and blinkered British public who have acted as cheerleaders as the concept of workers rights has become an oxymoron:(

So sad and yet so true.:(

Are you trying to say that workers have no rights these days?

They have rights, simply no effective way to enforce those rights...

Actually, that is not fair, the Employment Tribunal in Leeds seems to be infinitely more effective than the one in Liverpool.

Archived