Can My Employer Do This?

If I was the OP, I would be pretty angry too. The boss had no right to move their stuff, given that some of it had only just been purchased. If the food was going "off" or way past is sell-by date and smelling, or it had been there ages with no-one claiming it, then that's a different matter.

In our staff canteen, we have a fridge for staff to put their own food in. There is a notice on the door which says any items which are not dated, and without the staff name on, will get thrown away at the end of the day. Seems a sensible solution to the problem!

I think the rest of the staff should have shared out the profiteroles and eaten them! - that'd teach her!:hihi:

If she has thrown it in the bin she has permanently deprived them of it , as it is not fit to eat. Thus it is theft and she should be dismissed instantly for gross misconduct.

It's not theft as the tests for theft are not met, specifically the permanant deprivation of the item - you can always get it back out of the bin. I I took your hat whilst walking and threw it over the wall into a garden that's not theft now is it.

Criminal damage however is another matter and this would fit as the manager had no lawful excuse and was clearly reckless with their actions.

It's not theft as the tests for theft are not met, specifically the permanant deprivation of the item - you can always get it back out of the bin. I I took your hat whilst walking and threw it over the wall into a garden that's not theft now is it.

Criminal damage however is another matter and this would fit as the manager had no lawful excuse and was clearly reckless with their actions.

Certainly theft as they were deprived of the food permanently because normal people will not eat food that has been in a bin where germs lurk. You probably would still eat it, but I would not. DEFFO THEFT!

Certainly theft as they were deprived of the food permanently because normal people will not eat food that has been in a bin where germs lurk. You probably would still eat it, but I would not. DEFFO THEFT!

You appear to be as clueless about the law as everything else. Go read the Theft Act and determine what constitutes theft.

Archived