Pick 1 pub in Sheff!

jemson

I said i 'googled' the sheaf View pub sheffield and the one which came up i clicked on (google street maps) and i expected to see something nice and all i saw was a building on a corner of not such a nice street with no nice grounds or anything much to look at. Like i said i assume thats not the one people would rave about. It might be 'nice and clean' but a pub stuck on a grubby corner which isnt anything to look at is NOT what i would say was the best in town :/ UNLESS, like i said my google search found the wrong one. Just my opinion.

You did, i apologise, the building in "real life" is quite attractive and well maintained.

Its a stand alone pub, with no surrounding houses, a few work units, yet

laid back just 50 yrds off Chesterfield road, by Heeley bridge. Yes its the one on Gleadless road.

The number of positives reviews the pub has on here should override any views based on a web photo, surely.

If we based our vists on your view, there are many top pubs in Sheffield one would not entertain.. Fat Cat, Hillsbrough Hotel, Barrack Tavern, Blake Hotel to name just a few.

Am sure your option "grubby corner" would soon change on an actual visit.

The White Lion is well within walking distance but expensive, yet still worth a visit. The Broadfield must be a good 1 mile walk.

Starting at the Sheaf veiw it is approx 0.23 miles to the White Lion then 0.46 miles from the White to the Broadfield, if you cut down the side of the gym. Gives me time to walk some beer off hic! and let the dog stretch his legs :hihi:

Starting at the Sheaf veiw it is approx 0.23 miles to the White Lion then 0.46 miles from the White to the Broadfield, if you cut down the side of the gym. Gives me time to walk some beer off hic! and let the dog stretch his legs :hihi:

lol i have done that walk ! and it felt like a long walk:) but may have been the ale:)

lol i have done that walk ! and it felt like a long walk:) but have been the ale:)

beer timings eh! ;) I only know as I took up running last year and I used pubs as markers on map my run. It feels much further when you are running too!

You did, i apologise, the building in "real life" is quite attractive and well maintained.

Its a stand alone pub, with no surrounding houses, a few work units, yet

laid back just 50 yrds off Chesterfield road, by Heeley bridge. Yes its the one on Gleadless road.

The number of positives reviews the pub has on here should override any views based on a web photo, surely.

If we based our vists on your view, there are many top pubs in Sheffield one would not entertain.. Fat Cat, Hillsbrough Hotel, Barrack Tavern, Blake Hotel to name just a few.

Am sure your option "grubby corner" would soon change on an actual visit.

It possibly would, all i did was google and didnt expect what i saw. I like a nice grounds to a pub. I can even see why the one next to dev green was suggested as 'people watching' over the green can be highly entertaining :hihi:

Whats the the riverside one like in town near kelham island? Ive never been but looks like with the river behind it all lit up.

It possibly would, all i did was google and didnt expect what i saw. I like a nice grounds to a pub. I can even see why the one next to dev green was suggested as 'people watching' over the green can be highly entertaining :hihi:

Whats the the riverside one like in town near kelham island? Ive never been but looks like with the river behind it all lit up.

have a look on Google :);)

On a seious note, its nothing special, a patio on the back, only one real ale on last time i was in, now google may state its well lite and over looking the river, but Henley its not. Its the sort of pub if its busy its buzzing. But there are far better. (in my opinion)

Belated feedback and thanks! (just back from hols).

Attempted to meet friends at sheff tap but not allowed in (some wearing footy tops despite my warning) and briefly sent to Howard. Got bus to harlequin and had nice food and ale. Popped to fat cat then k I t before finishing at shakies. The more discerning appreciated the beer and amenable surroundings bumping into a surprising amount of fellow salopians!

Belated feedback and thanks! (just back from hols).

Attempted to meet friends at sheff tap but not allowed in (some wearing footy tops despite my warning) and briefly sent to Howard. Got bus to harlequin and had nice food and ale. Popped to fat cat then k I t before finishing at shakies. The more discerning appreciated the beer and amenable surroundings bumping into a surprising amount of fellow salopians!

Archived