Pick 1 pub in Sheff!

jemson

The Sheaf View is this one: http://goo.gl/maps/YFpMW

If you navigate up Prospect Road on Street View and look to your left, you'll see that the Sheaf View has lovely grounds!

So, plus one for the Sheaf View. My other choices are the Bath Hotel, Uni Arms and Sheffield Tap. All great places, though I'm getting nostalgic for the era of Brian at the Bath. Hasn't been the same since he left.

It possibly would, all i did was google and didnt expect what i saw. I like a nice grounds to a pub. I can even see why the one next to dev green was suggested as 'people watching' over the green can be highly entertaining :hihi:

Whats the the riverside one like in town near kelham island? Ive never been but looks like with the river behind it all lit up.

My 1st thought for impressing folk from out of time is the Sheffield Tap. It's still a hugely impressive place.

Other suggestions include Kelham Island Tavern, Sheaf View and Shakespeare's.

Shakespeares? :o

I think if they have an interest in old Victorian architecture and appreciate the lovely old tiled facade of that place then yes, absolutely. But if they want to go somewhere that is "pleasant" inside and not terribly run down and damp and depressing and full of scruffy people who look like they haven't seen soap and water for weeks, then no.

I went in because someone told me they had good beers in there. They had about 6 hand pumps but only 2 beers on. 1 of them a dark beer.

I'm sure it is good for beers from time to time but what an awful depressing place that is - and outside in the street, everything is boarded up all around it.

I'd check out what your friends are looking for first mate if I were you. That is not what most folks would find "impressive" I doubt.

Shakespeares? :o

I think if they have an interest in old Victorian architecture and appreciate the lovely old tiled facade of that place then yes, absolutely. But if they want to go somewhere that is "pleasant" inside and not terribly run down and damp and depressing and full of scruffy people who look like they haven't seen soap and water for weeks, then no.

On my one visit to "Shakespeares" (sic - actually the unwarranted use of the possessive does make me feel nauseous) early this year, it was light, dry and pleasant inside and there was a good range of beers on. The customers were smart, fragrant and witty. But we were the only people in.

Archived