Jordanthorpe Secondary Modern School

Harry H

Hi i was at jordanthorpe till 76 anyone tem ann butler

---------- Post added 20-06-2016 at 18:03 ----------

Hi i left jordanthorpe in 76 and since then lost contact with my best friend her name was ann butler off lowedges crescent

Ann was in my year at school, I don't know where she is now but I am sure someone will.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Can anyone remember what year the end of year pantomime "Pirates of Penzance" was held, as I helped do the make-up for the sailors on stage. I need to know the years for a specific reason as it coincided with an event in my life.

It was in the early 1970s after 1971.

Hi

I will try to discover the year of "Pirates of Penzance". It may take a while and you could get other replies in the meantime.

---------- Post added 14-08-2016 at 15:38 ----------

Hi Jeddo

re "Pirates of Penzance" I am fairly certain that it was 1972.

• 5 months later...

Hi no still looking for ann. My maiden name was caterer i was a shy nieve nerd i guess i hung around with kathryn hirst janet walker and ann i really need to find her

---------- Post added 14-01-2017 at 20:47 ----------

Ann lived on lowedges crescent bout half way down on left... what is your name

• 2 weeks later...
I attended between 1961 till1965, opposite the annexed there was a sweet shop, it belonged to the Munks, their son Dave played for Sheffield UTD. I remember Sibley, he was in the library.Helliwell was the woodwork teacher, in my last year Haythorne was the form teacher, he knocked about with Miss Waite, I believe he later married her, he was very strange.
Ivor Hawthorne, would you believe he is still around, he is a minister at Mablethorpe.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Anyone went to Jordanthorpe Secondary school between 1955-1960. I remember someTeachers were Bennett, Walker, Jenkins, White, Wragg, Sibley and head Adams.
yes Alan Burley, went to jordanthorpe boys same years left Christmas 1959 my teachers were Sibley and Chalky White. they were great. made some good friends.

• 2 years later...
On 08/06/2015 at 01:28, RiffRaff said:

Something must've altered, because I remember Mr.Sibley roaming around the school library - did he teach Geography as a subject? - for a few years, and I didn't start at J school until after the winter of '62...think he was there for a few years after that.

I remember seeing him 'kitted up' and in town waiting for the Bakewell/Hathersage/wherever bus to go hiking.

Nice bloke - I liked him a lot, but my favourite teacher was 'Chalky' White...I thought he was brilliant. No longer with us, I suppose...

I quite agree. I was there from 62 and Mr. Sibley was there too for a few years.