Tax evasion smokescreen

I suppose it was because the CPS looked at the facts and found 6 cases of people commiting fraud and a load of folks merely taking advantage of the loose system as it operated at the time.

Bit like the UK tax system set up to benefit a certain element of our society.

Once again the attention has been taken away from the biggest tax avoiders/evaders (they must love you).

True, tax dodging has always gone on, it isn't party political, but now people's attention is being drawn to it and how much is actually lost. This is in order to counter the 'divide and conquer' tactic of insinuating that the unemployed are all skivers and scroungers and on the fiddle. One thing's for sure, tax dodgers tend to be rich and greedy whereas the unemployed are on their uppers, and trying to make ends meet. What really surprises me is how quickly the MPs expenses scandal has been forgotten and why only 6 people went on trial, out of hundreds all up to the same thing. And still they get away with it.

Well said, during the current recession the rich (and the bankers) are still getting richer.

So do I take it that you're in favour of tax evasion by the upper class/earners who get away with not paying Billions of pounds each year in tax due to a system set up by the wealthier element to benefit themselves.

Once again the attention has been taken away from the biggest tax avoiders/evaders (they must love you).

No, don't take it.

My point was on the lines of conspiracy. If HMG wished to name/shame 'offenders' but also to ensure that no prosecution would succeed, this seems to be a very crafty way to achieve that outcome. Now do you see?

Tax dodging isn't a new phenomenon thats occured since this coalition government came into being...were you so vocal about the top-end tax dodging during the years Labour were in? what about banking scullduggery? .
I was vocal in pointing out that harold Wilson pointed out years ago that a nurse paid more tax than the whole of the family who owned a large chain of butchers shops.

The gap between rich and poor widened under the Labour government too...isn't that worse? Labour were supposed to be for the people...
No it wasn't a labour government it was closet Torys under Tory Bliar who knew nothing of working class life, there is no way that 'new labour' is anything other than Tory

I was vocal in pointing out that harold Wilson pointed out years ago that a nurse paid more tax than the whole of the family who owned a large chain of butchers shops.

Even if so, why is that relevant? None of us knows the tax circumstances of either of them.

What's much more relevant is to ensure that those accused of evasion are tried and- if found guilty- properly convicted/punished. HMRC's recent action removes this option.

No it wasn't a labour government it was closet Torys under Tory Bliar who knew nothing of working class life, there is no way that 'new labour' is anything other than Tory

Sorry, it said Labour on the ballot paper....it was a Labour government..all prospective MP's were selected by the local Labour Party..

Sorry, it said Labour on the ballot paper....it was a Labour government..all prospective MP's were selected by the local Labour Party..

I wish people would stop the party political bickering. Both parties are as bad as each other, and I wouldn't vote for either of them.

This is a fight between rich and poor, the haves and the have nots, the 1% and the 99%, the powerful and the vulnerable.

Until people realise that, the party thing will just divert attention.

I wish people would stop the party political bickering. Both parties are as bad as each other, and I wouldn't vote for either of them.

This is a fight between rich and poor, the haves and the have nots, the 1% and the 99%, the powerful and the vulnerable.

Until people realise that, the party thing will just divert attention.

I agree with you..all parties are to blame but unless the other party's faults are illuminated then the old Labour=good and tory=bad assumptions on SF will continue...

Archived