How long are shoes supposed to last?

(this is about Sheffield, bare with me)

So generally, if you pay around £20 for a pair of shoes; how long are they supposed to last for?

I ask this because recently I bought a pair of shoes from that she place at heeley retail park (baranto I think?) It has been less than 2 months now and some of the seems have ripped, the insides have unglued on the cushion bits around the back and are starting to fall, the bottoms of the shoes have almost warn through...

Shame on me really in a way; I have shopped there before (and forgotten) and that pair only lasted a month (similar price too)

Anyone else shopped there? all of the shoes seem to be the same brand, I assume they own it. Shoes going up to £60 and over.

I have paid out £12 for shoes from other places in the past and those lasted about a year.

Feeling a bit ripped off here.

I try not to buy cheap shoes, especially as I wear them for work all day but i would expect a £50 pair to last at least 18 months.....

I tend to go to John Lewis for shoes as they have a good reputation for returns, though I have never had to use it yet....

There are no guarantees, I generally wear Loakes or shoes with leather soles which last years and years providing you look after them and have them resoled occasionally. Rubber and plastic soles tend to fall away from the upper and generate static, which can be annoying.

There are no guarantees, I generally wear Loakes or shoes with leather soles which last years and years providing you look after them and have them resoled occasionally. Rubber and plastic soles tend to fall away from the upper and generate static, which can be annoying.

I though the static was from your nylon keks :D

(this is about Sheffield, bare with me)

So generally, if you pay around £20 for a pair of shoes; how long are they supposed to last for?

I ask this because recently I bought a pair of shoes from that she place at heeley retail park (baranto I think?) It has been less than 2 months now and some of the seems have ripped, the insides have unglued on the cushion bits around the back and are starting to fall, the bottoms of the shoes have almost warn through...

In general I would say shoes last about a foot Long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hihi::help:

Archived