Any Pregnancy / Post Natal Yoga Classes around S8?

opus

Hi,

My girlfriend is looking for late pregnancy and post-natal Yoga classes.

We've heard of Olivia at Tapton Masonic Hall, but does anyone know of anywhere/anyone else?

Looking to start immediately.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

I went to Olivia in 2002. I found the whole thing rediculous and boring, half an hour of gentle stretching or being massaged by a complete stranger who just happens to be sitting next to you, then half an hour laying uncomfortably on a rubber mat (which considering I was at the morning session and I'd only just got out of bed was a complete waste of time), then half an hour making pretentous small talk with a jammy dodger and a mug of raspberry leaf tea.

I bought a couple of books about yoga in pregnancy and birth plus a yoga tape and wall chart, published by the active birth group, which were far more useful than Olivia's classes.

I've lost the tape and chart, but I still have the books if your girlfriend would like to have them. PM me.

• 1 year later...

I asked the same question on the Sheffield Parenting thread, and got a reply from this lady on London Road.

"Hi Soccermom,

Here are a few additional options of times/dates and classes!

Mon

Yoga Shala, London Road, S2

Time(s)

13:15 - 14:45

17:45 - 19:15

19:45 - 21:00

Tues

Dore and Totley United Reform Church, off Abbeydale Road, S17

Time

12:00 - 13:30

Time

17:45 - 19:15

Wed

Time

15:30 - 17:00

Fri

Time

10:00 - 11:30

12:15 - 13:45

Buddhist Centre, Howard Road, Walkley, S6

Time

15:30 - 17:00

Sun

Time

16:15 - 17:45

Joyti!

LL

nlowe12@hotmail.com"

Hope this helps.

• 6 years later...

hello.

Know this is an old thread but are there any fitness classes for mums-to-be in the Hillsborough/Crookes/Walkley area?

The only one i can find at the moment is Aqua-Natal on a Thursday at Hillsborough LC.

thanks

Hello,

We teach Yoga for Pregnancy classes in Broomhill. The classes are Tuesday evenings, 6.00 - 7.30 and 7.45 - 9.15pm in Broomhill Methodist Church.

The classes involve posture work to maintain the body, breathing practices for health and well being and also relaxation practice. You will learn breathing techniques which are very useful in labour.

If you want more info it's easiest for us if you can email : hannah@sheffieldyogaschool.co.uk

Or give Hannah a call on : 2338340

Best wishes,

Chris

Archived