Cold callers on the phone

I had a landline installed in my flat a few years ago. I think it was the number that had been used in the property before, but there had been no connection there for at least 5 years. It took literally 30 seconds after plugging the phone in for a cold caller to ring! I had about 12 calls that day.

Have you filled your details in on anything at all recently? I never had cold calls on my new 01143 number until I was job searching and put my number into a site. Now they never stop!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I'm on Caller Preference & ex directory but they still get through somehow. Caller display phones are very useful for this! It usually shows as 'International Caller' or 'Out Of Area' & they usually ring right in the middle of Corrie!! Recently , I've been getting calls that show on the display as just a row of 0000000's. No number, just noughts. So I have no idea what that is!!! Anyone else had the zero call? What is it?

TPS can only block UK calls, the international ones are not affected. Probably why most companies use foreign call centres

I had a landline installed in my flat a few years ago. I think it was the number that had been used in the property before, but there had been no connection there for at least 5 years. It took literally 30 seconds after plugging the phone in for a cold caller to ring! I had about 12 calls that day.

Have you filled your details in on anything at all recently? I never had cold calls on my new 01143 number until I was job searching and put my number into a site. Now they never stop!

No, i havent given it out to anyone.

Archived