Why doesn't Royal Mail leave the parcel next door ?

Instead, they've left me with a note to say either collect the item at their sorting office (which is about 10 miles away) or to re-arrange delivery.

Now surely the easiest thing to do would have been to leave it at a neighbour instead ?

Looks like common sense has flown RM by :rolleyes:

Why doesn't Royal Mail leave the parcel next door ?

Probably because your neighbours are out trying to earn a living, too.

Why can't delivery people work in the evenings and weekends like doctors, teachers, EHOs and other public servants have to? That way, far fewer people would be out when parcels are delivered.

What if you have dodgy neighbours you'd rather it not be left with?

There was a thread on here the other day regarding a problem family being rehoused next door to a forumer. I'm not sure that I'd want my parcels handing over to some slob with an ankle tag.

I have a notice on my porch window telling mail man adresses where packages can be left if I'm out. It always works for me.

There was a thread on here the other day regarding a problem family being rehoused next door to a forumer. I'm not sure that I'd want my parcels handing over to some slob with an ankle tag.

I have a notice on my porch window telling mail man adresses where packages can be left if I'm out. It always works for me.

I wouldn't want mine to be left with the next door neighbour, we don't get on and I'd never see them again!

I'm always wary of leaving signs like 'leave in blue bin' or whatever, because if someone happens to see that sign they're going to know there's something to take in the bin!

Apparently they are clamping down on pick ups too …. Make sure you have proof off ID for the addressee.

I have picked up parcels for my son or wife before and shown them my ID but that’s no good any more you must have their ID ………OK the jobsworths are only following instructions but how is it any different to me signing for their parcels if I had been in and answered the door or is the postman going to ask for my wives or sons ID when he knocks on the door.

Archived