Why doesn't Royal Mail leave the parcel next door ?

far more simple solution, get your parcels delivered to your place of work or somewhere you know there is going to be someone there. what's the sense in ordering an item and putting the delivery address as somewhere you know there won't be anybody there?

If you had a job and not at home allday the postman will not leave it at your house

How do you know she doesn't work from home or is financially stable enough via a partners income to be a stay-at-home mum ?

Anyway OT:

And whose responsibilty is it when parcels go missing ?

Say someone has a scumbag neighbour who claims that the postie didn't leave that high-value item with them but the postie says he did. Clearly there's a theft involved so what happens then?

What if the item is of a personal nature and doesn't want the neighbour taking on the parcels ? eg Toys of an adult nature etc, personal hygiene products and the like because they'd be embarassed

RM say it's about customer satifaction etc but it's clearly because they want to close service desks at depots to save money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah-Lacie

I already get half left with the streets parcels!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

If you had a job and not at home allday the postman will not leave it at your house

I only work after 4pm :)

And only recently after just coming off maternity leave

I only work after 4pm :)

I've often thought there must be a business opportunity if you are housebound or at home during the day at least, in offering to let other people's parcels be delivered to your house, for say, £1. You text them to let them know it's arrived and they collect it at their convenience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah-Lacie

I only work after 4pm

I've often thought there must be a business opportunity if you are housebound or at home during the day at least, in offering to let other people's parcels be delivered to your house, for say, £1. You text them to let them know it's arrived and they collect it at their convenience.

Oh good idea :hihi: If they have it delivered to a PO that costs £1.50, and some people find it impossible to collect due to opening times of the delivery office. A free redelivery to work would probably be their best option though, or just use the work address to begin with!

Oh good idea :hihi: If they have it delivered to a PO that costs £1.50, and some people find it impossible to collect due to opening times of the delivery office. A free redelivery to work would probably be their best option though, or just use the work address to begin with!

The problem is, some employers are getting a bit stroppy about the secretaries/receptionists having to spend time receiving and signing for parcels, or ringing the recipient to get them to collect it. With the increase in internet shopping, it is becoming quite an issue for some workplaces, especially large ones. I know most schools won't let the staff do it (except for items purely for use in school).

You can see their point.

The problem as I see it really is the fact that RM refuse to adapt. The common sense approach would be to do as they do now and take it back to the depot but with the minor alteration of having the service desk open later, beyond "office hours"

It's not even necessary for them to increase the number of hours they're open, just offset them. So instead of the service desk being open 9-5, open 11-7 instead.

Archived