Why doesn't Royal Mail leave the parcel next door ?

I've often thought there must be a business opportunity if you are housebound or at home during the day at least, in offering to let other people's parcels be delivered to your house, for say, £1. You text them to let them know it's arrived and they collect it at their convenience.

I've thought there could be a business opportunity along these lines - some kind of local pick-up point, perhaps a local convenience store or such like who could take on a franchise to do this? Of course it would have been worked brilliantly when every high street had a local post office.........maybe some could be reopened as on-line shopping drop-offs, with more flexible opening hours?

I don't mind them leaving a note and whatnot and rearranging a day when I'm going to be in. What is MOST frustrating though; is when they don't bother to fill in the card correctly. Then I have to go through twitter to get a redelivary.

Made a complaint once, got free stamps. Obviously the drivers went given a good talking too over it.

I don't mind them leaving a note and whatnot and rearranging a day when I'm going to be in. What is MOST frustrating though; is when they don't bother to fill in the card correctly. Then I have to go through twitter to get a redelivary.

Not to mention all the cases where they've just stuck the card through the door and not even bothered to carry the parcel.

Archived