Why doesn't Royal Mail leave the parcel next door ?

Yeah, their open hours to collect your stuff are terrible. I couldn't have even picked up on Friday and I finish early.

Some SERIOUS changes need to take place. Then again, they are held hostage by unions so no progress can be made.

Damn those pesky unions. They deliberately stop people picking up their parcels out of spite

How does the postie get the parcel in to one of those? Am I being really stupid..?

You leave it unlocked and with the door slightly ajar for the postie. They then put your parcel in and close the door which then locks securely

Yeah, their open hours to collect your stuff are terrible. I couldn't have even picked up on Friday and I finish early.

Some SERIOUS changes need to take place. Then again, they are held hostage by unions so no progress can be made.

Held hostage by the unions! :huh::huh: you clearly don't know any posties do you?

They have made some SERIOUS changes thats why the service is dropping like a stone and will continue to do so!

Forget all this leave it with a neighbour rubbish. On several occssions I've heard the letter box and rushed down to find the card telling me they tried to deliver. I've chased after the postman and asked for the package only to be told he doesn't have it. It never left the parcels office.

Some of the postmen can't be bothered walking around all day with packages that might not be deliverable. So they just stick cards through doors and expect the customer to collect.

Forget all this leave it with a neighbour rubbish. On several occssions I've heard the letter box and rushed down to find the card telling me they tried to deliver. I've chased after the postman and asked for the package only to be told he doesn't have it. It never left the parcels office.

Some of the postmen can't be bothered walking around all day with packages that might not be deliverable. So they just stick cards through doors and expect the customer to collect.

Had that before many times. There is little you can do except complain to the mangement, which then ensures that your post is trod on, misdelivered, or just plain "lost" with little recourse to you except to complain more.

Yep,I've seen post #34 :)

Yeah I noticed that after I posted. I'd opened the thread then got called away from my desk, returned a bit later and posted my reply then noticed there had been others and couldn't be bothered to edit.

Archived