Medical help..menopause

i have been to my doctors, ive had a medical, all seems well so far, im going back tomorrow to have lots of blood tests done, so i should find out if theres anything to worry about by Friday

My o/h is going through the menopause at the moment,she cant sleep at night at all , plus another dozen or so complaints.:help:

i have been to my doctors, ive had a medical, all seems well so far, im going back tomorrow to have lots of blood tests done, so i should find out if theres anything to worry about by Friday

Sorry to say but if you're fine at night then that is less suggestive of it being menopause related, because the hot flushes are usually hugely worse at night.

You're still quite young to be menopausal (I went through mine even younger after surgery removed my ovaries) but there are women who enter their menopause at all ages and your GP can run hormone level tests to verify whether you are or not.

Even worse than being in your very own climate 24 hours a day is the short term memory loss, which was a complete surprise for me. Oestrogen related memory loss is very strange and not at all like most memory issues- it's not just a case of forgetting why you went into the kitchen, it involves forgetting really really simple everyday words from the middle of sentences. I once had to explain what I meant to my sister when I'd forgotten what the things that you climb to go up to the bathroom were. Up to that point I'd never forgotten that they were called stairs and from the moment I remembered that they are called stairs I've not forgotten it either, but for the half an hour or so that the word just wouldn't come to mind, I genuinely couldn't remember.

I hope that the tests give you a proper answer and the answer is something that's not a medical problem :)

i have several issues at them moment

edema in my leg which ive had for 3 years now, these hot wet sweats under my chin, and i suffered for 7 months with trigeminal neuralga which was like having a stroke, which im greatfull that it started to get better in March this year, i have the odd painfull day but it then goes away again.

i should be able to get my blood results tomorrow, at least they should put my mind at rest hopefully.

i now got a feeling it isnt menopause.

Sorry to say but if you're fine at night then that is less suggestive of it being menopause related, because the hot flushes are usually hugely worse at night.

You're still quite young to be menopausal (I went through mine even younger after surgery removed my ovaries) but there are women who enter their menopause at all ages and your GP can run hormone level tests to verify whether you are or not.

Even worse than being in your very own climate 24 hours a day is the short term memory loss, which was a complete surprise for me. Oestrogen related memory loss is very strange and not at all like most memory issues- it's not just a case of forgetting why you went into the kitchen, it involves forgetting really really simple everyday words from the middle of sentences. I once had to explain what I meant to my sister when I'd forgotten what the things that you climb to go up to the bathroom were. Up to that point I'd never forgotten that they were called stairs and from the moment I remembered that they are called stairs I've not forgotten it either, but for the half an hour or so that the word just wouldn't come to mind, I genuinely couldn't remember.

I hope that the tests give you a proper answer and the answer is something that's not a medical problem :)

I started going through it when I was 40 and I had hot flushes during the day, never at night.

Archived