How do I find out if a company is genuine?

I have had a job offer from a company which involves working on my computer from home. The position involves me opening a bank account (with little or nothing in it). The company would then deposit money into my account which I would then send abroad to someone that they would give me the identity of.

Before sending the money I would deduct my commission for carrying out the transaction.

Has anyone heard of this before? Is it some scam? If so what is the scam as they never ask me for any money? I have a company name with an address down South. How do I check it out?:confused:

It's a scam.

So what is the scam?

I am a great believer in the adage "If something appears to be too good to be true, it probably is"

but if they do not ask me for anything what is the scam?

So what is the scam?

I am a great believer in the adage "If something appears to be too good to be true, it probably is"

but if they do not ask me for anything what is the scam?

Even if it's not a scam it sounds like money laundering to me :suspect:

Stay well clear!

Even if it's not a scam it sounds like money laundering to me :suspect:

Stay well clear!

I thought about that. Why would money launderers be so overt? The vast amount of information that they have given me is enough to hang them if the transactions are illegal?

I am not a gullible person at all, I am cynical but cannot spot a con or scam here. If it is genuine I would love to go ahead with it.

I thought about that. Why would money launderers be so overt? The vast amount of information that they have given me is enough to hang them if the transactions are illegal?

I am not a gullible person at all, I am cynical but cannot spot a con or scam here. If it is genuine I would love to go ahead with it.

Just ask yourself if everything is legitimate, why don't they open the bank account themselves and cut out the middle man (ie. you)?

Asking YOU to open an account should start the old alarm bells ringing.

It did , it really did. The only deposits to it however would be their deposits. How could they get any money from me?:huh:

You're asking for advice. You're quite right if it seems to good to be true it probably is. IT'S A SCAM. We can't make you listen as you seem to be seriously considering this BUT IT IS A SCAM. Heed your own advice

They want the details of your bank account. - An account opened by you for which you are responsible.

Once they've got those details, what's to stop you them from opening another account in your name elsewhere? - One (or more) you might be responsible for, but would know nothing about?

How many credit cards do you think you they might be able to get with your name on them?

They 'transfer' some money into your account.

You transfer some money into somebody else's account (somebody you don't know, who lives somewhere you don't know either.

That person withdraws the money and disappears.

Then the transfer into your account is revoked by the bank which made that transfer.

Try getting your money back from the bank you transferred it to.

If they want money to go from their account into an account operated by a friend or associate, why do they need to involve you? - Why can't they simply transfer it direct?

Archived