How do I find out if a company is genuine?

Did they e-mail you?

Does the e-mail have your e-mail address on it?

Did they address you by name?

Or was your e-mail one of the huge group which they mail-shotted?

Did you check the e-mail headers?

Do you know exactly where the e-mail came from?

It was addressed to me by name.

It has my email address on it.

I have an email address for the "company" which is based in Finchley. I looked up the place.

What's the company name? Dirty Laundry LTD?[/quote

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Welcome back FB - you tell him like it is in the real world

Good afternoon Linda. As you can see, AWOL is having some fun. But, considering financial and fraudulent crimes can often result in offenders being sentenced more severely than rapists and murderers, it's a topic to take seriously.

Good afternoon Linda. As you can see, AWOL is having some fun. But, considering financial and fraudulent crimes can often result in offenders being sentenced more severely than rapists and murderers, it's a topic to take seriously.

So , is there an official police department or similar body that can authenticate this company?

Now fraud is mentioned,I think it's worth mentioning they is fake £20 in circulation in Sheffield. They look genuine when at first glance but studying it more carefully and you will notice the queens Head is a little fatter but it's only noticeable when comparing to a genuine note... This is more of a note to shopkeepers or anyone else who deals in money as a living...

Bored now. Start another thread we can comment on AWOL. I've some spare time to kill until 6.30pm.

Threads like.

"Only idiots smoke! So why do they continue to do it?"

"If you are not a homeowner, why the hell are you having children?"

I have had a job offer from a company which involves working on my computer from home. The position involves me opening a bank account (with little or nothing in it). The company would then deposit money into my account which I would then send abroad to someone that they would give me the identity of.

Before sending the money I would deduct my commission for carrying out the transaction.

Has anyone heard of this before? Is it some scam? If so what is the scam as they never ask me for any money? I have a company name with an address down South. How do I check it out?:confused:

This may help you can find the directors names and sometimes their private address

http://companycheck.co.uk/index.php

I have just checked that out thanks. It gives information about the company and directors and other stuff.

Which company? The company they claim to be or the 'organisation' they actually are?

I've received scam e-mails recently from the US Federal Government, Microsoft, Barclay's Bank, PayPal and a number of other 'well known' companies.

Well the e-mails said they were from those companies ... but they weren't.;)

Which company? The company they claim to be or the 'organisation' they actually are?

I've received scam e-mails recently from the US Federal Government, Microsoft, Barclay's Bank, PayPal and a number of other 'well known' companies.

Well the e-mails said they were from those companies ... but they weren't.;)

You are probably correct.

Archived