Why break a butterfly on a wheel

The populous of that country like most countries in the middle east are always looking for something to:

A: Burn

B: Be angry at

C: Throw rocks at

D: Blow up, usually via a form of transportation.

I cant understand why we even bother reporting news from this area their customs equate to the same as that of prehistoric man.

yet again we know these strict docterines in charge of certain countries but yet again its peddled out time and time again purely to have another go at the religion in question.

GR dont you ever get fed up of hunting out negative islam threads purely to "have a go"?

do they really need airtime and the same "debate"? havent we done the chistians in islamic country debates to death already?

yet again we know these strict docterines in charge of certain countries but yet again its peddled out time and time again purely to have another go at the religion in question.

GR dont you ever get fed up of hunting out negative islam threads purely to "have a go"?

do they really need airtime and the same "debate"? havent we done the chistians in islamic country debates to death already?

What would you have us do Mel ,ignore things like this,you seem to forget that this religion is spreading in this country ergo anything that happens pertaining to this religion is of interest to the people in this country.I dont have to search very far for negative aspects ,this for example is on the BBC news page not on some biased right wing web site.

I dont know if you have any children but tell me what would your reaction be if it was your daughter in question,should we just bury it and ignore it,I wonder what would happen over here if /when Islam becomes the dominant religion should we just sit back and ignore it a la fascism in the 30's,I get called right wing for my stance against what I believe to be a brutal and dangerous religion, the funny thing about that is if Islam was a political force it would be that far on the right it would be out of sight.

What would you have us do Mel ,ignore things like this,you seem to forget that this religion is spreading in this country ergo anything that happens pertaining to this religion is of interest to the people in this country.I dont have to search very far for negative aspects ,this for example is on the BBC news page not on some biased right wing web site.

I dont know if you have any children but tell me what would your reaction be if it was your daughter in question,should we just bury it and ignore it,I wonder what would happen over here if /when Islam becomes the dominant religion should we just sit back and ignore it a la fascism in the 30's,I get called right wing for my stance against what I believe to be a brutal and dangerous religion, the funny thing about that is if Islam was a political force it would be that far on the right it would be out of sight.

A: it NEVER will be dominant in this country, how many muslims in seatsw of power, authority? about 3? so dont panic mr mannering

B: it is political in the places that you mention thats why these negative stories appear, strict islamic regimes flexing their warped muscles

we KNOW what goes on in these places its NOT really news is it? people like you instantly pick up on it and use it as yet another battering ram tho, lets face it there ISNT anymore on the subject of islamic stories thats new and not been debated/argued/banned/deleted? is there?

...this religion is spreading in this country...

Is it spreading? How many thousands (or hundreds or even tens) of converts to Islam were there last year? Or are a significant proportion of the immigrants of that religious persuasion?

...what would happen over here if /when Islam becomes the dominant religion ...

Very few (if any) of us would be around to see it. According to the 2001 Census, 71.6% of the population claimed to be Christian and 2.7% claimed to be Muslim.

A survey of 450,000 people in 2010 showed 71% Christian and 4% Muslim. - At that rate (unless there's a mass efflux of Christians) it'll be a very long time before Islam becomes 'the dominant religion'.

...I believe to be a brutal and dangerous religion,...

It has some brutal adherents, but they get far more publicity than do the ordinary people who just get on with their lives.

...I believe to be a brutal and dangerous religion,...[/color]

It has some brutal adherents, but they get far more publicity than do the ordinary people who just get on with their lives.

HALLELUJAH!!!!

the vast majority arent out to take over the world, theyre not out to destroy christianity

theyre normal people like me and you, getting on with their daily lives (which just happens to follow some religious teachings)

HALLELUJAH!!!!

the vast majority arent out to take over the world, theyre not out to destroy christianity

theyre normal people like me and you, getting on with their daily lives (which just happens to follow some religious teachings)

The people may appear to be, The religion isnt ..the people follow the religion blindly hence stories like the OP arising ..you see the religion through the eyes of the still tempered version over here and not the true face ..that will change .as you quite correctly state we will not be around to see that eventuality but if you stop and look below the surface you will see that certain practises are becoming more prevalent over here, then again maybe you wont ..and the blind shall lead the blind.. google honour crimes/killings in the UK you will come across ,among many others this little snippet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17319136

again from the BBC news site ..

"Two-thirds of young British Asians agree that families should live according to the concept of "honour", a poll for BBC Panorama suggests."

Two thirds ..I believe thats whats known as a majority not a minority as widely bandied about on here

Why, melthebell do you constantly and consistently defend the indefensible? What could you possibly gain from doing so! I, for one, will never cease to be shocked and horrified by what is done in the name of Islam, and that probably goes for most people. Of course we want to talk about it, because it helps! Okay? Reading about the things that are done by these people is like watching a car crash - it's traumatic. Besides, if we don't talk about it, and indeed speak out about it, it'll just get worse!

Archived