Why break a butterfly on a wheel

Sadly, people have a tendency to take religion literally; and miss the whole point.

It's like having a book that says, "human beings are the most precious thing ever". Then making a religion out of this book; and valuing the book more than human beings...

Some little girl draws flowers in the book and they're all like 'kill burn kill destroy the human child'.

I'm actually quite impressed with that analogy, is it your own?

HALLELUJAH!!!! the vast majority arent out to take over the world, theyre not out to destroy christianity theyre normal people like me and you, getting on with their daily lives (which just happens to follow some religious teachings)

You mean like Chistians who carry out honour killings, suicide bombings, stoning, beheadings, demanding the death of a schoolteacher for blasphemy.

You mean like Chistians who carry out honour killings, suicide bombings, stoning, beheadings, demanding the death of a schoolteacher for blasphemy.

Hi,

Where's your recent evidence that Christians carry out beheddings and stonings?

A quick google search shows that, all results I saw were of Muslims behedding and stoning Christians when you search "Christian stoning" or "Christian behedding" so, where's your evidence?

Hi,

Where's your recent evidence that Christians carry out beheddings and stonings?

A quick google search shows that, all results I saw were of Muslims behedding and stoning Christians when you search "Christian stoning" or "Christian behedding" so, where's your evidence?

I think he was being sarcastic ..at least I hope he was

Hi, Where's your recent evidence that Christians carry out beheddings and stonings? A quick google search shows that, all results I saw were of Muslims behedding and stoning Christians when you search "Christian stoning" or "Christian behedding" so, where's your evidence?

Well the poster seemed to think that muslims live normal lives

theyre normal people like me and you, getting on with their daily lives (which just happens to follow some religious teachings)

So I assumed melthebell implied that all the current attrocities listed were carried out by Christians as muslims were "normal people".

I think it needs to be understood that this is really rather more of a culture rather than a religion.

I'm sure most Muslims would agree that this is disgusting behaviour and would damn it with the highest condemnation and should that be the case they will speak out against this behaviour of hatred and intolerance.

I think it need to be understood that this is entirely a religious thing! What these people are doing is following direct instruction from the Koran. How is that more cultural than religious? :huh:

Well the poster seemed to think that muslims live normal lives

So I assumed melthebell implied that all the current attrocities listed were carried out by Christians as muslims were "normal people".

And presumably Catholic Christians at that! :hihi:

Archived