Why break a butterfly on a wheel

If only you'd missed something.

(and for the record, to save me saying anything else on the thread - all religions are as bad as each other in their own ways)

Well for the record can you tell me which religion in the late 20th & 21st centurys has cornered the market on suicide bombings, honour killings, stoning, amputations, beheadings etc? answer will fit on a stamp.

Ah Thomas. Note the bit in my post which you quoted that says "in their own ways"

The President of America and our own Prime Minister are both Christian. Those who live in parts of the world where our armies are may have a different perspective on which religion kills people.

Those who were unfortunate enough to be caught up in The Crusades definitely would.

All religions, if they get big enough, go through a murderous phase. It's what comes of believing in God and that he is hugely insecure and needs you to help promote him, seemingly. It just so happens that one religion is going through this phase now. It doesn't mean others haven't, or that people in other countries think the same way. It's all about perspective. Sadly that's one of the things the religious tend to lack.

Ah Thomas. Note the bit in my post which you quoted that says "in their own ways" The President of America and our own Prime Minister are both Christian. Those who live in parts of the world where our armies are may have a different perspective on which religion kills people. Those who were unfortunate enough to be caught up in The Crusades definitely would. All religions, if they get big enough, go through a murderous phase. It's what comes of believing in God and that he is hugely insecure and needs you to help promote him, seemingly. It just so happens that one religion is going through this phase now. It doesn't mean others haven't, or that people in other countries think the same way. It's all about perspective. Sadly that's one of the things the religious tend to lack.
The big flaw in your point is that the foreign armies in Afghanistan and Iraq aren't there in the name of Christianity. This is the 21st century and excusing the barbarity carried out today by Muslims in the name of Islam on things that were done inthe name of Christianity hundreds of years ago hardly holds any credibility

I notice on the Winnie Johnson/Bennett thread the worst you said of Ian Brady was that he's arrogant. When it comes to Asian criminals you throw around words like scum all the time but a white child killer is only guilty of arrogance in your eyes. You posted more on the David Beckham left out of Olympic Squad thread than on the Brady one. So if you're going to accuse people of being pro-Islamic due to their scarce posts on related topics then make sure you criticise the Moors Murderers a bit more often or someone may think that your paucity of posts on the subject makes you pro-Brady in the same way you think others are pro-Islamic because they don't post on the subject.

The thread was about Winnie Johnson not particularly about Brady I didnt make any comment about the murders I simply made a comment behind Bradys refusal to reveal the body if you want any comments about the murders please feel free to start a thread.I also notice as one of the pro Islam faction your only input is to try to score childish points obviously the subject grates on your love affair with Islam and you seem to feel the need to ignore the substance of the thread and,as per usual try to divert it,as for calling Asians scum again you seem to take a liberal approach to the truth seemingly to fit in with your agenda of racism labelling,please furnish my useage of this word re the Asian element and we can see in what, if any, context it has been used.

Ah Thomas. Note the bit in my post which you quoted that says "in their own ways"

The President of America and our own Prime Minister are both Christian. Those who live in parts of the world where our armies are may have a different perspective on which religion kills people.

Those who were unfortunate enough to be caught up in The Crusades definitely would.

All religions, if they get big enough, go through a murderous phase. It's what comes of believing in God and that he is hugely insecure and needs you to help promote him, seemingly. It just so happens that one religion is going through this phase now. It doesn't mean others haven't, or that people in other countries think the same way. It's all about perspective. Sadly that's one of the things the religious tend to lack.

My Bold : Here is an interesting perspective on the crusades.

http://thereligionofconquest.info/2012/03/29/video-how-islamic-atrocities-provoked-the-christian-crusades/

There are many entries in the Quran that state that all those that are not of the faith must be converted or crushed. All religions are guilty of commiting some wrong to non believers throughout the ages but it seems that the majority of modern day religious maniacs that are reported in the media tend to be those that follow Islam.

They are not all bomb making, wife battering, honour killing, child molesting maniacs granted but those that hit the news put the good muslims into a very dark shade indeed.

My Bold : Here is an interesting perspective on the crusades.

http://thereligionofconquest.info/2012/03/29/video-how-islamic-atrocities-provoked-the-christian-crusades/

There are many entries in the Quran that state that all those that are not of the faith must be converted or crushed. All religions are guilty of commiting some wrong to non believers throughout the ages but it seems that the majority of modern day religious maniacs that are reported in the media tend to be those that follow Islam.

They are not all bomb making, wife battering, honour killing, child molesting maniacs granted but those that hit the news put the good muslims into a very dark shade indeed.

What is a good Muslim ? is it one who follows the teachings of the Quoran unquestionably or one who rejects certain parts of it to suit his own ends ?

What is a good Muslim ? is it one who follows the teachings of the Quoran unquestionably or one who rejects certain parts of it to suit his own ends ?

I suppose an answer to your question would be along the lines of a "Europeanised Muslim" not all muslims are 100% devout followers of the very word of the Quran just as many Christians do not live to the very words of the bible. There are however many more followers of Islam that are commiting acts of depravity and atrocities in the name of Allah than that of Christians.

I suppose an answer to your question would be along the lines of a "Europeanised Muslim" not all muslims are 100% devout followers of the very word of the Quran just as many Christians do not live to the very words of the bible. There are however many more followers of Islam that are commiting acts of depravity and atrocities in the name of Allah than that of Christians.

Surely in the eyes of Islam anyone who doesnt follow the word of Mohammed unflinchingly must be regarded as a bad Muslim.

Archived