John Smith's Magnet

Jordan 1989

Only place I've seen it is the **** Inn at Oughtibridge... anyone know where else I can get a good priced pint of Magnet in a decent environment within the borders of our fine city? Me and my friend are addicted!

Oakland Road Club does a good pint of Magnet. Not sure whether its keg or cask though.

Sadly and criminally no longer available in cask form.

Not quite city centre but the Sportsman at Hallam has keg Magnet.

I've supped reservoirs of the stuff and miss it so much.

My dad used to sell reservoirs of the stuff. Rising Sun at Nethergreen and Masons Arms at Crookes. You sound like one of his customers :)

My dad used to sell reservoirs of the stuff. Rising Sun at Nethergreen and Masons Arms at Crookes. You sound like one of his customers :)

I was a regular at the Rising Sun between 1987 and 1999.

There was a Magnet promotion in 1989 and that's when I converted (from John Smith's). Although 'Buff's' Magnet was keg it was a mighty fine pint.

The nearest cask Magnet was at the Fox and Duck in Broomhill.

Daft as it sounds the last pint of Magnet I had was in a pub in Leyland near Preston and the locals loved it. Used to drink gallons of the stuff in the Old Queens head in Pond Street and it was 18p a pint when I started.

Archived