The richest in the UK, Could they bring us out of recession?

They would much rather recoup the billions in lost revenue by sacking nurses , firemen , policemen , and all manner of workers in government offices and departments, regardless of the consequences to the country or the people . Money locked up in tax havens that does not get into circulation via the government knocks the economy . The drastic cut in income suffered by those sacked knocks the economy ." And now (my words) they are trying to kill off the weakest in society , whilst sitting counting their worthless money in the Caymans - are we dealing with human beings here or total sadists ?

Agree 101%

That is why I started the topic about the 'Smoke screen' regarding tax avoidance and evasion

Mods , am I allowed to quote from the Star ? Because the writer reflects my opinions but does it far more eloquently . "We are ripped off wholesale , retail and any other way possible the tax-dodging class can think of . Businesses that make the rich mega-rich and the rest of us poorer , petrol , gas , electricity , banks , insurance companies , water companies , bus companies and railway companies . The government supports them all in their efforts to become multi-millionaires at the expense of the rest of us . Lots of the mega-profoits made are not taxed : they go straight to join the billions in the tax havens across the world . What does the government do ? It turns 2 blind eyes" ..... to be continued
Agree totaly but some people on this forum have to nit pick as they always do. Keep it up.:clap:

Indeed the rich can bring us out of recession. All we have to do is not tax them too much, be nice to them and the wealth will soon trickle down....

Why do you think that the government has released details of 200 tax evaders who cost the exchequer less than a £Billion whilst the top earners can get away with £Billions.

It was just a smoke screen to take attention from the real issue and certain members have walked right into it.

Economic growth isn’t a good measure of the prosperity of people. Recession doesn’t make everyone less well off and growth doesn’t make everyone better off. Growth as made some people poorer whilst recession will make some people better off. We had economic growth over the past decade which made many people much worse off and more indebted.
Nothing like quoting the obvious is there.

Mods , am I allowed to quote from the Star ? Because the writer reflects my opinions but does it far more eloquently . "We are ripped off wholesale , retail and any other way possible the tax-dodging class can think of . Businesses that make the rich mega-rich and the rest of us poorer , petrol , gas , electricity , banks , insurance companies , water companies , bus companies and railway companies . The government supports them all in their efforts to become multi-millionaires at the expense of the rest of us . Lots of the mega-profoits made are not taxed : they go straight to join the billions in the tax havens across the world . What does the government do ? It turns 2 blind eyes" ..... to be continued

Agree with you, I'm still waiting for my cheque from the benefits of North Sea Oil & Gas. How come that when it was in full flow we had to go cap in hand to the world bank to borrow money?

Where did the riches we were promised go, anyone guess?

it's a monarchy that still rules the commonwealth realm, you are naive if you think they do not still have rule.

Maybe you should read this about constitutional monachys.

Constitutional monarchy (or limited monarchy) is a form of government in which a monarch acts as head of state within the parameters of a constitution, whether it be a written, uncodified, or blended constitution. This form of government differs from absolute monarchy in which an absolute monarch serves as the source of power in the state and is not legally bound by any constitution and has the powers to regulate his or her respective government.

Most constitutional monarchies employ a parliamentary system in which the monarch may have strictly ceremonial duties or may have reserve powers, depending on the constitution. Under most modern constitutional monarchies there is also a prime minister who is the head of government and exercises effective political power. There also exist today several federal constitutional monarchies. In these countries, each subdivision has a distinct government and head of government, but all subdivisions share a monarch who is head of state of the federation as a united whole.

Contemporary constitutional monarchies include Belgium, Bhutan, Bahrain, Cambodia, Canada, Denmark, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, Morocco, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Thailand, and the United Kingdom and Commonwealth realms.

The latest country that was completely transformed from an absolute monarchy to a constitutional democratic monarchy is Bhutan.

Archived