The richest in the UK, Could they bring us out of recession?

Maybe you should read this about constitutional monachys.

Constitutional monarchy (or limited monarchy) is a form of government in which a monarch acts as head of state within the parameters of a constitution, whether it be a written, uncodified, or blended constitution. This form of government differs from absolute monarchy in which an absolute monarch serves as the source of power in the state and is not legally bound by any constitution and has the powers to regulate his or her respective government.

Most constitutional monarchies employ a parliamentary system in which the monarch may have strictly ceremonial duties or may have reserve powers, depending on the constitution. Under most modern constitutional monarchies there is also a prime minister who is the head of government and exercises effective political power. There also exist today several federal constitutional monarchies. In these countries, each subdivision has a distinct government and head of government, but all subdivisions share a monarch who is head of state of the federation as a united whole.

Contemporary constitutional monarchies include Belgium, Bhutan, Bahrain, Cambodia, Canada, Denmark, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, Morocco, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Thailand, and the United Kingdom and Commonwealth realms.

The latest country that was completely transformed from an absolute monarchy to a constitutional democratic monarchy is Bhutan.

At no point did i say it was an absolute monarchy as you put it.

okay your taking it abit too literally here and not really paying attention, forget the word monarchy for a minute, we will use royal family instead,

they still have rule over the commonwealth realm, which means they appoint a government/parliament to run the country's which they occupy.

so who is at the top of the ladder ?, the royal family, and by the way no matter which way you put it either monarchy or constitutional monarchy, they are still a monarchy ;)

our queen is a monarch, have a read - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarchy_of_the_United_Kingdom

At no point did i say it was an absolute monarchy as you put it. okay your taking it abit too literally here and not really paying attention, forget the word monarchy for a minute, we will use royal family instead, they still have rule over the commonwealth realm, which means they appoint a government/parliament to run the country's which they occupy. so who is at the top of the ladder ?, the royal family, and by the way no matter which way you put it either monarchy or constitutional monarchy, they are still a monarchy ;) our queen is a monarch, have a read - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarchy_of_the_United_Kingdom

It seems that you are the one who is ill informed and not quite understanding, you say you mean one thing and then say you meant something else.

The monarch does not appoint a prime minister, the prime minster is an MP elected by the people and chosen by the parliamentry party who is then asked as a formality to become prime minister by the monarch. The monarch doesn't even write his/her speech at the opening of parliament.

We no longer have an empire or colonies who in their day were ruled by the British Government, all the British Monarchy can do is act as the constitutional head of state.

I'm afraid you're not very well up on the constitution, I can sell my house, our monarch can't sell hers or most of what is inside it as both belong to the state.

You really must do better.

it's a monarchy that still rules the commonwealth realm, you are naive if you think they do not still have rule.

can you tell us if it is a little monarchy, a middle size monarchy a big monarchy or is it a constituional monarchy if so how big a constitution compared to say the WI.

All the rich they care about how to be richer, it would help if they become less selfish and help this country. But I'm not sure if they give out all of their money.

Even in these hard times when Joe public has to pull in his belt the rich are getting richer and sending yet more money off shore.

If it was so obvious there wouldn’t be so many people moaning about being in a recession or suggesting the rich should spend us out of it.

Nobody expects the rich to spend us out of it, the tax system should be made fair to all not as is at this moment where it benefits just the top echelon.

Nobody expects the rich to spend us out of it, the tax system should be made fair to all not as is at this moment where it benefits just the top echelon.

I agree, it should be much fairer than it is with everyone paying the same rate, no avoidance, no evasion just a flat 20% on all income over £20K.

One way to achieve avoidance and evasion is to get rid of income tax and just increase VAT.

It seems that you are the one who is ill informed and not quite understanding, you say you mean one thing and then say you meant something else.

When did i do this ?

Because the only people that could be a monarch are members of the royal family, so technically i didn't mean anything else did i ?

The monarch does not appoint a prime minister, the prime minster is an MP elected by the people and chosen by the parliamentry party who is then asked as a formality to become prime minister by the monarch. The monarch doesn't even write his/her speech at the opening of parliament.

We no longer have an empire or colonies who in their day were ruled by the British Government, all the British Monarchy can do is act as the constitutional head of state.

I'm afraid you're not very well up on the constitution, I can sell my house, our monarch can't sell hers or most of what is inside it as both belong to the state.

No you should pay more attention, instead of trying to prove a point.

Which you haven't proved because your just babbling on about the monarchy and not really paid attention to the point i am trying to make with you.

Archived