New Rules for Chuggers

So they've decided to make it possible for somone to make a beeline for you from a long way off, so you can't even avoid them by crossing the road....

Smart move. Not that most chuggers follow the existing rules anyway. I'll feel even less guilty about kicking them in the shins if they jump in front me now.

This is only a self-serving outfit that can impose sanctions on their members.

Does Sheffield Council require all chuggers to be PFRA members?

Have City Centre Ambassadors and other Council Officers been instructed and trained to monitor chuggers and report transgressions?

The system has no existing avenue of complaint/report from members of the public.

The PFRA is financed by funds which ultimately come out of your donations.

CEO on £70,000 p.a. plus expenses.

The Institute of Fundraising (CEO on a similar salary)has been around a lot longer. It is a registered charity itself and produced many of the Codes-of-Practice that their members should comply with.

There are also Laws that chuggers should comply with, but rarely do and, again, there is no way for the public to ensure enforcement or penalisation.

I laughed at one of the girls on Fargate yesterday, she pouted as well as she could, approached a guy and said in an attempted seductive voice "gooood afternoon cupcake" and winked, he laughed in her face and carried on, so she got a guy behind him "Hellooooo gorgeous", and he just gave her a blank look and walked faster, and she followed him up Fargate... Poor lass :hihi:

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Archived