How is the Cow Gap fishing?

Voddie

fished cow gape a cupple of time use sweetcorn on the deck over 4-6mm pellet and you will pull carp,barble,roach all day long also take some bread or floating pellet for later on in the day fish 1-2inch from the island in the middle and u cant fail to catch good luck

i was up there the other week and had a great day i stopped counting after 20 fish , the bloke in the next peg did even better bigger fish and a lot more than i caught,it can be a little cold if windy (its a little exposed )so take a coat :D

• 11 months later...

Don't know what has happened at Cow Gap, it used to great, went one day last week and the fishing was dire. The pond seems uncared for, the fish (when we caught some) seemed slimy and poor, the reeds at the edge are floating in the pond and causing problems. Don't know if it is the weather, but the water level is really low, where we were fishing (I like fishing near the edge) it was no more than a foot deep. Wont be going again in a hurry

If the water level is well down you can bet the oxygen level is, a few thunderstorms plus a little cooler weather should up the oxygen and see it back to form. Sometimes fish just don't feed.

---------- Post added 25-07-2013 at 12:10 ----------

I've just been on another web site and in certain circumstances thunderstorms can delete oxygen levels even further in low oxygenated water, so ignore my comment above.

Perhaps a few days wind would increase it.

Archived