Why do people have to be so nasty?

It appears to me these days that certain people in society think that they are always in the right, even when wrong and just shoot their stupid ignorant mouths off regardless. It upsets you and annoys you but in the end you realise that they are the stupid deluded idiot with a problem, not you. It is still worrying though, that these people are allowed out withot supervision.

It appears to me these days that certain people in society think that they are always in the right, even when wrong and just shoot their stupid ignorant mouths off regardless. It upsets you and annoys you but in the end you realise that they are the stupid deluded idiot with a problem, not you. It is still worrying though, that these people are allowed out withot supervision.

bertrand russell comes to mind:

"the trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt".

I don't think that people are inherently nasty, but it does seem that - in some areas - people are nastier than elsewhere.

People around here - an ordinary village community - and those in the other community in which I live - a closed 'membership' community - tend to be very friendly and try not to upset one another.

Not because they are particularly 'nice' people, or are in any way 'special' but because that's the way things are. it is expected that people will treat each other with courtesy and because it IS expected, people seem to do so without needing to be pushed.

Archived