Abusive attack on transport, caught on video

Does anyone remember about 5 or 6 months ago there was a woman on public transport (in London I think) who was filmed spewing a racist rant - there may have been a thread about it on here.

Anyway the Daily Mail have published details and the video of it. Here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2191075/Police-investigate-racist-outburst-passenger-London-bus-posted-YouTube.html

When I watched the video, the first thing that came into my mind was that the woman in question is delusional and possibly has mental health difficulties. I can't believe that in the reporting there is no mention of her health. Could people watch the video and see what you think. I'm not sure that this woman's rantings are being used by a newspaper (not known for its fair mindedness), to engage in some tit for tat and stir up division. If this is the case then using an ill woman like this is clearly not on

Thanks

it is a bit strange that the authorities have seen fit to display this woman as racist when there can clearly be seen a person who is acting completely irrational. its a very good point and slightly odd that she can be labelled as such without knowing that much about her mental health history. far from being wrong what she did, im thinking she would have to be pretty wound up to go on such a tyrade in the first place. it dosent seem to be the behaviour of a rational person, no matter which nationality of person she was shouting at. that does raise issues as to whether it was fair to display this publicly.

it is a bit strange that the authorities have seen fit to display this woman as racist when there can clearly be seen a person who is acting completely irrational. its a very good point and slightly odd that she can be labelled as such without knowing that much about her mental health history. far from being wrong what she did, im thinking she would have to be pretty wound up to go on such a tyrade in the first place. it dosent seem to be the behaviour of a rational person, no matter which nationality of person she was shouting at. that does raise issues as to whether it was fair to display this publicly.

Most people speak the truth when drunk, why should she be any different.

Mental health should not be made an excuse for such behaviour. Even people with mental health issues still have the capacity to understand their action and should take responsibility for it.

Crimes are irrational and many "hear voices" when they are about to go to court. Should we let them loose for being "clearly irrational."

it is a bit strange that the authorities have seen fit to display this woman as racist
There's only mention of an investigation, no charges yet.

Mental health should not be made an excuse for such behaviour. Even people with mental health issues still have the capacity to understand their action and should take responsibility for it.
There's no mention in the article that she hasn't taken responsibility for her outburst.

It may have been an offensive/distressing situation to witness, but there's no facts in that Daily Mail article (who'd have thought!?) to actually form any kind of opinion. Other than the usual cack the Daily Mail wants to promote.

Whether she is mental or completely sane; what she said is racist.

Does anyone remember about 5 or 6 months ago there was a woman on public transport (in London I think) who was filmed spewing a racist rant - there may have been a thread about it on here.

Anyway the Daily Mail have published details and the video of it. Here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2191075/Police-investigate-racist-outburst-passenger-London-bus-posted-YouTube.html

When I watched the video, the first thing that came into my mind was that the woman in question is delusional and possibly has mental health difficulties. I can't believe that in the reporting there is no mention of her health. Could people watch the video and see what you think. I'm not sure that this woman's rantings are being used by a newspaper (not known for its fair mindedness), to engage in some tit for tat and stir up division. If this is the case then using an ill woman like this is clearly not on

Thanks

Shes a racist pig and deserves to be dealt with.

Throw the book at the racist!!

Archived