Take social housing away from rich areas

Utter rubbish, he said that I'm Ghettoised because I bought my house.

Now you want to argue with me about my explanation? Make up your mind.

Why doesn't Rupert_Baehr answer himself for the stupidity of his post?

Instead of you summising what he meant.

Because I've adequately explained it and he can't be bothered to repeat what I've said?

I understand what the word Ghettoised means it seems that you, others and Rupert don't or have we invented a new meaning of the word Ghetto.

I bought my home and certainly don't live in a ghetto.

I can imagine you frothing slightly as you shout this at the screen.

The funny thing is that nobody said you did, or that all home owners did.

So why hasn't Rupert_Baehr answered what his definition of Ghetto is.

Be intersting to see which bussybody jumps in next to answer for dear old Rupert_Baehr.

So anyone attempting to explain is a busy body now :roll: Calm down dear, it's only a forum.

The funny thing is that nobody said you did, or that all home owners did. So anyone attempting to explain is a busy body now :roll: Calm down dear, it's only a forum.
So can you explain what he meant by the sentence below, because lots of people will be itching to know the difference between ordinay and extraordinary or maybe special people, or is a footballer ordinary or special?
Quote:] Originally Posted by Rupert_Baehr Aren't ordinary house owners (those who buy their own houses) 'ghettoised'?.
It'll be interesting seeing Rupert hasn't the guts to answer himself for something he posted. Can't wait for the next hilarious answer from Ruperts mouthpiece:hihi::hihi:

But I'm asking Rupert what he meant not you, you're only summising.

You will find many people get involved when they have no antagonist to joist with,and they start acting as a third party arbitrator.I think many are frustrated lawyers who got stuck once they passed GCSE Civics:hihi:

But I'm asking Rupert what he meant not you, you're only summising.

This is the sort of nitpicking that puts people off posting on what could be a decent discussion thread. Whilst some of us understand the use of the word 'ghetto' in this debate, it seems to concern you.

So, here's the World English dictionary and the Free ditionary definition of ghettoize:

to confine or restrict to a particular area, activity, or category:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ghettoisation

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ghettoisation

We know the word has been used to describe what happens to some groups of people like new immigrants, but that is just one part of its definition. Its actually much more general, here are a couple of examples:

"to ghettoize women as housewives"

"He left a city ghettoized and strangled by highways and the auto"

Now we've cleared that up, perhaps the discussion of the topic might continue.

So can you explain what he meant by the sentence below, because lots of people will be itching to know the difference between ordinay and extraordinary or maybe special people, or is a footballer ordinary or special? It'll be interesting seeing Rupert hasn't the guts to answer himself for something he posted. Can't wait for the next hilarious answer from Ruperts mouthpiece:hihi::hihi:

Can I explain?

I already did, twice now.

Home owners are grouped according to their ability to buy housing in a particular price bracket. Can we move on now?

This is the sort of nitpicking that puts people off posting on what could be a decent discussion thread. Whilst some of us understand the use of the word 'ghetto' in this debate, it seems to concern you. So, here's the World English dictionary and the Free ditionary definition of ghettoize: to confine or restrict to a particular area, activity, or category: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ghettoisation http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ghettoisation We know the word has been used to describe what happens to some groups of people like new immigrants, but that is just one part of its definition. Its actually much more general, here are a couple of examples: "to ghettoize women as housewives" "He left a city ghettoized and strangled by highways and the auto" Now we've cleared that up, perhaps the discussion of the topic might continue.
You've cleared nothing up I'm an ordinary home owner not an immigrant, I take offence that people like you consider me Ghettoised, go look up the 'Concise Oxford definition of Ghetto' And Rupert when he states Quote= Rupert Baehr Aren't ordinary house owners (those who buy their own houses) 'ghettoised'?. where I live is nothing whatsoever like a ghetto or ghettoised

Using the definition MsMacbeth posted

to confine or restrict to a particular area

Private home owners are confined or restricted to purchasing houses in an area they can afford. They cannot simply decide (for example) that they'd like to live in Dore if they cannot afford a house in Dore.

Why are struggling to understand how the use of the word was intended, it wasn't an insult to you, you certainly aren't the only home owner on this thread, so why are you the only one outraged by the use of the word in the context it was used?

Archived