Take social housing away from rich areas

The same goes for people who bought their houses doesn't it or are you saying they homeowners don't live in properties which are too big for them?

Private houses aren't a state owned resource, so the taxpayer has no reason to demand that they be used efficiently.

Private houses aren't a state owned resource, so the taxpayer has no reason to demand that they be used efficiently.

Haven't they, so what are people moaning about housing shortages for then, let alone there are 700,000 vacant properties in the UK anyway? I suspect people don't like that idea because it would affect them, yet they think it's ok for the government to try and push other people around isn't it? Are you saying people who live in council houses don't pay tax?

Does moaning equate to it being the states business?

I suspect that if houses with 5 bedrooms were restricted to families with 4 children or more (and this is private houses remember) then a) this house would still be on the market and b) you'd have single handly destroyed the value of 4 bedroom and above houses in the UK market.

Or maybe I can just rename the rooms to accurately reflect their purposes. There's my study, theirs her study and theirs her craft room, there's a guest bedroom and a main bedroom.

Exactly the correct number of rooms.

The idea that the state should interfere in private home ownership is unpleasant. It's a form of control that is entirely unwarranted.

The idea that the state should provide appropriate social housing to people is completely different. If it's going to provide help from it's limited resources, then it needs to ensure that the help is appropriate in order to make the best use of these limited resources.

let alone there are 700,000 vacant properties in the UK anyway?

That’s an excellent idea, if there are empty properties the council should acquire them and rent them out to people in need, obviously the properties might be in a different location to the people that want a council house, and it’s not possible to move the house to the people so the people would have to move to the house.

Does moaning equate to it being the states business?

I suspect that if houses with 5 bedrooms were restricted to families with 4 children or more (and this is private houses remember) then a) this house would still be on the market and b) you'd have single handly destroyed the value of 4 bedroom and above houses in the UK market.

Or maybe I can just rename the rooms to accurately reflect their purposes. There's my study, theirs her study and theirs her craft room, there's a guest bedroom and a main bedroom.

Exactly the correct number of rooms.

The idea that the state should interfere in private home ownership is unpleasant. It's a form of control that is entirely unwarranted.The idea that the state should provide appropriate social housing to people is completely different. If it's going to provide help from it's limited resources, then it needs to ensure that the help is appropriate in order to make the best use of these limited resources.

So you agree with me then, you don't like it because it might affect you, but you're all for pushing other people around?

No, I'm all for the state using it's resources efficiently.

Why are you against that, do you like wasting tax payers money?

Again, are you saying that people who live in social housing don't pay tax?

The thread is about moving council tenants out of the posher areas of cities and whichever you look at it, that is nothing more than social cleansing considering their are 700,000 vacant properties in the UK and enough housing for everyone, even if some people refuse point blank to accept it. I suggest we stay on topic.

Haven't they, so what are people moaning about housing shortages for then, let alone there are 700,000 vacant properties in the UK anyway? I suspect people don't like that idea because it would affect them, yet they think it's ok for the government to try and push other people around isn't it? Are you saying people who live in council houses don't pay tax?

Of course it's acceptable. You are getting as a council tenant a cheap place to live. in return the Govt requiring accountability and good stewardship of that is inevitable.

Archived