Debit card transaction advice

Hi I was hoping someone may be able to answer this....a company has taken money from my bank (debit card transaction) which was not authorised we had a verbal agreement where I would pay a certain amount every 2weeks but av just decided to take it all. I rang them and they refused to cancel it and the bank said there was nothing they could do. My balance is showing the money has gone but it is still pending and haven't actually reached the other side yet so I cancelled my card so I get a new long card number and security code, and I was wondering because this transaction is still pending would it actually go through or will it bounce back to my account?

I think it will still go through as the payment has already been authorised at your bank. However you could try and contact your bank and request a Debit Card chargeback - not sure if they will look into this as this is normally used when you have paid for something and you dont receive it.

Hi I was hoping someone may be able to answer this....a company has taken money from my bank (debit card transaction) which was not authorised we had a verbal agreement where I would pay a certain amount every 2weeks but av just decided to take it all. I rang them and they refused to cancel it and the bank said there was nothing they could do. My balance is showing the money has gone but it is still pending and haven't actually reached the other side yet so I cancelled my card so I get a new long card number and security code, and I was wondering because this transaction is still pending would it actually go through or will it bounce back to my account?

If it's a valid debt then there is very little you can do. It will still go though as the account itself hasn't been closed.

Use visa chargeback or just fill out a form at branch. Because you didnt authorise payment he bank should refund money.

• 7 months later...

i booked a 3 night stay in a hotel and gave my debit card details to pay a 25 quid deposit,due to the recent bad weather i cancelled obviously expecting to lose my deposit,the owner of the hotel says i also have to pay for 1 night (70 quid) i refused,is he breaking the law if he takes it as i'm guessing he stll has my details???

i booked a 3 night stay in a hotel and gave my debit card details to pay a 25 quid deposit,due to the recent bad weather i cancelled obviously expecting to lose my deposit,the owner of the hotel says i also have to pay for 1 night (70 quid) i refused,is he breaking the law if he takes it as i'm guessing he stll has my details???

Depends what the Ts and Cs were for the stay...

Archived